Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong song plays on filtered playlist - Android

Solved!

Wrong song plays on filtered playlist - Android

When I apply a filter to a playlist and play a song, let's say the 3rd one of filtered list, it plays not the 3rd one on the filtered list but the 3rd song of the whole playlist. 

Version info: 8.4.53.703 armv7

Platform: Samsung S8 w/ Oreo 8.0

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

Let's make sure you've updated the Spotify app to the latest version 8.4.55. This should've fixed this issue.

If you've updated already and it's still going on, try reinstalling one more time.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

7 Replies

When I search through a playlist for a specific song and select it, it plays another. Not sure why, but's very aggravating when I use this for teaching.

Hey, so, I'm having a bit of trouble with my playlists on Spotify. When I  put a song witch I searched on a playlist to play, instead of playing it, It plays some other song that is too in my playlist...what do I do to solve this?

I have an issue with playing songs from my own Playlist. I have searched for any fixes for this specific issue of mine & have tried some fixes but nothing seems to have been working. 

My issue; 

Using my spotify account and playlists on my phone mostly I found this error. When I search for a song or artist/band to play within my own playlist after clicking on a specific song it seems to start playing a completely different track from my playlist. I found that it's not random and that the issue may be my search function not working accordingly anymore.

For example;

If I have Beat It by Michael Jackson on the top of my playlist but I looked up ACDC to play and click on the first ACDC track it seems to play Beat It by Michael Jackson. Further if I just click shuffle after I search it still doesn't limit the shuffling tracks to what I searched. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

Galaxi S7

Operating System

Android v 7.0

When I search for a particular song on my playlist I find it but I can't play it. When I tap on it it will start up the first song on my playlist instead of the song I tapped on depending on how I sorted it (i.e. alphabetical order)

Hey everyone!

I've merged a couple of topics since you're all experiencing the same issue, the wrong song plays when you search or filter your playlist for a specific song on Android.

The right team is looking into this as we speak, so it should be fixed soon. I suggest keeping the Spotify app up to date.

All the best.

Thank you for your help!

I have been having the exact same issue for the last 2 weeks. Very frustrating considering we pay $10/month. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling but does not fix the issue. I also tried downloading the Spotify APK, but that did not help either.

Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

Let's make sure you've updated the Spotify app to the latest version 8.4.55. This should've fixed this issue.

If you've updated already and it's still going on, try reinstalling one more time.

All the best.

Suggested posts