Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

When playing certain songs I get a you've discovered a premium feature message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and also restarted my Android device.

10 Replies

That message apperars when you try to do something that only Premium users can (for example use the "skip" function consecutively more than 5 times). 

OK but I am unable to play the album. The songs in the album are greyed out. And when I try to click on Shuffle Play, I get that message. For the record, the album is "Past Lives (Deluxe Edition)" by Black Sabbath (2002).

This behavior is the same on the web player as well (macOS). Screenshot attached. Play is greyed out and so are the songs. Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 12.21.55 PM.png

Hello! Thank you for your question.

It sounds to me like the content you are trying to stream is no longer available. This can happen if licensing agreements with the artist/labels, or ownership of rights, has changed. You can read more about that here! Sometimes it also means a song is unavailable in your location.

In some cases, the songs can return, so hopefully, this is one of those situations!! Hope I helped, but sorry to deliver this disappointing news! If this doesn't sound like it applies to you, let me know and I'll see what else I can suggest! 

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

If you can see the list of songs, then the problem isn't your subscription but the fact that those songs are no longer available due to licence agreements between Spotify and the ownership of the album/songs. 

Hey @thanirs,

Thanks for reaching out! 

@eltoch's response explains what the reason for seeing greyed out songs could be very well. However, could you try a clean reinstall and check if you continue to see the "You've discovered a Premium feature" message?

Keep us posted 🙂   

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

1. I have same issue every day.  I have restart my phone to fix it. Very annoying.

I have got this issue since 2 or 3 weeks. For me the issue is localized in the car, with Android Auto. Almost everytime I get in my car and plug my smartphone, Spotify doesn't play as it used to be when I go to BT source.

If I check the application on my phone I see "You discovered a premium feature" when trying to play any song in any of my favorites playlist. I have to force the application closure and restart it to hope it will work again.

Not really convenient when you are driving. My guess is that it is on Spotify side and not Android Auto.

I get this message all the time . It does not matter where. Once I restart, it is all good.

Hey there @Ytesfaye,

Thanks for jumping into this thread! 

Great that you share how you manage to fix it for yourself, if only temporarily. 

When you see the message "You have discovered a Premium feature" it could be related to cache-related issues. So, let's start by disconnecting the devices for offline listening. After that you'll have to download all the content for offline listening again. Then you can reinstall and check if the message appears again.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts