Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

You're offline. Please connect to the internet...except I am connected!

You're offline. Please connect to the internet...except I am connected!

Have a very frustrating bug. No matter what I do, some parts of the Spotify Android app think I am offline. I cannot load my "home" or finish any searches (although when I hit search, it autocompletes just fine). If I visit a Playlist I have, that isn't saved for offline playback, songs play just fine. 

I've tried on cellular data, multiple wifi endpoints, and also multiple different locations. Nothing seems to fix this (and I definitely do have internet, every other app can access it fine). I also checked my android app permissions to make sure Spotify wasn't internet restricted or anything. I've logged out, deleted my cache, reinstalled my app, etc. Nothing works.  

I like Spotify but I can't justify premium if it doesn't work on my phone :/. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

16 Replies

Same situation. Playback works fine, can browse my playlists, can't search, start radio, or view the home page. Works fine on a different device, used to work on this device (HTC One M8)

Agreed, sounds like we have the exact same problem. 

Thanks for posting, makes me feel better that it isn't just me. 

I have exactly the same problem.
Even my mixes are missing

Screenshot_20180405-080359.jpg

I have this issue also, I figure why pay for a service that works only half the time. How about they only charge us for half the time it works.... i am connected, everything else Im on is working just fine, but Spotify constantly says no internet connection. Guess i will just cancel and continue on with my Amazon Music.

same for me with a moto 4gplus, with different wifi-sid and mobile data.

Reinstall app, reboot phone, everything done from the FAQ

Same here, any solutions yet?

I have exactly same problem I also Opened an article for it then I see your post I am not feeling lonely about this I really want to solve this...

I did nothing but today everything works fine!

Exactly the same problem. Tried all the troubleshooting available. Home doesn't work. Search works if I search for an album, but artists' profile throw me an offline error. That's a very upsetting bug, as a premium user not being able to use Spotify properly is a serious bug.

Have a very similar problem, since the last 1 or 2 weeks. What songs I can access play just fine but there are numerous issues.

Home screen simply reports:

Sorry, something went wrong.

That didn't work. Please have another go.

The Browse screen appears to work fine, including picking Genre&Mood radio but it's rather limiting.

The Search screen does allow me to search for artists and albums but when trying to view them I simply get:

You're offline

Please connect to the internet and try again.

The Radio screen also fails, simply states:

Radio isn't available

We can't load your Radio stations right now.

Please try again later.

The same error occurs if I try to listen to a specific artist/album radio.

The Your Libray screen works moderately well. Previous tracks I've listened to are listed here (but not tracks from other devices) and looking at related albums/artists is hit and miss.

Sometimes I see all tracks, sometimes I only see the tracks I've played or downloaded for offline use, and occasionally I just get a "You're offline"-message

Tried a couple of methods to resolve the issue, similar to the original poster:

* Ensured I'm running the latest available version of Android for my phone.

* Logged out, logged back in.

* Enabled/disabled offline mode.

* Removed all relevant data, cleared the cache of the phone, then uninstalled and re-installed Spotify.

* Repeated the process above with only Wi-Fi enabled, only mobile data, and both.

I have the same issue .Help please

for a few days everything was nice and works, but now same issues again

Have the same problem here, with a samsung galaxy s7 edge.

Home screen simply reports:

Sorry, something went wrong.

That didn't work. Please have another go.

The Browse screen appears to work fine.

In the Search screen i can search for artists and albums but when trying to view them I simply get the message:

You're offline

Please connect to the internet and try again.

The Radio screen also fails, simply states:

Radio isn't available

We can't load your Radio stations right now.

Please try again later.

My Libray screen works.

Tried all of the support site, but nothing works.

-Ensured I'm running the latest available version of Android for my phone.

-Logged out, logged back in.

-Enabled/disabled offline mode.

-Removed all relevant data, cleared the cache of the phone, then uninstalled and re-installed Spotify.

-Repeated the process above with only Wi-Fi enabled, only mobile data, and both.

Screenshot_20180423-172514_Spotify.jpg

hello community,

i solved the problem by installing an older version:

Version 8.4.42.722

I had the same problem on my iPhone.  I fixed it by uninstalling the app and downloading it again.  After sign-in, home screen reappeared.

Hi, I tried this too, but it doesnt help. The problem stays the same. Only
uninstalling and installing the named version solved my problem.

Suggested posts