Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

You've done something sinister to Private Session button haven't you?!

You've done something sinister to Private Session button haven't you?!

Premium

UK

Moto G5

Android 8.1.0

My Question or Issue

I thought I was imagining this at first, but you've made the Private Session button harder to activate on my phone, haven't you? The other buttons in the same menu work easily, but it now takes me 7 or 8 presses on that **bleep** button to make it turn green.

It's bad enough you won't let me just listen to music privately if I want to, without having to navigate through a bunch of menus, but this is next-level crazy behaviour.

PLEASE CAN YOU STOP IT

2 Replies

Hey @shut1.

Thanks for getting in touch!

The button should work. Perhaps a reinstallation will help. You can read here how to do this.

If you would always like to listen anonymously, we recommend to create a new account and to not share your username with anyone. No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

1. I normally dont even post in comments, I specifically set up my profile just to do this post. I have been a spotify premium account user for years. That being said, I am at the point where I am about to replace the service. Your customers(a rather large number of them) have been asking for the ability to set their account to private on a not timed basis. Not only do you refuse to implement such a setting, but now you have broken or removed the timed privacy setting option but left the button in the settings non functional. Though your product is great, this blatent disregard for what your customers want is enough for me to unsubscribe. I am giving it about another month or two for you to resolve the privacy issue. I will be sad not to have spotify anymore but this issue is too big to ignore.

Suggested posts