Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Music not syncing to Samsung Galaxy S4

Your Music not syncing to Samsung Galaxy S4

I am a Spotify Premium Member. Username: Satiex

I have been using Spotify for a few months now and everything was working fine until this morning, on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Spotify App, in the Your Music tab, my 'Songs' list and 'Albums' list was empty. The 'Artists' list has a handful of my artists in it but they all say there there are '0' songs in the list.

I have logged into the Spotify Web app on my PC and also used the Spotify application on my computer and everything is still there. I used my computer to create a Playlist called 'ALL SONGS' and dragged my entire saved catalouge into this playlist. On my phone, the playlist appears and all 6483 songs are available - however I still don't have anything in Songs, Albums or Artists except for a few of my artists that I am Following but they show 0 songs available. 

If I use my Samsung Galaxy S4 to browse for a band that I have already 'Saved' on my computer, I can Follow that artist, save an album and download all tracks to my phone by clicking the 'Available Offline button', but I can't get everything that I have already saved on my PC to come across. This means I'll have to Save the exact same tracks on my phone as I have already done on my PC.

Using a playlist is not an option because it does not allow me to easily select a specific artist or album, it's just a massive list of songs.

I have completely removed all Data/Cache and uninstalled Spotify on my phone multiple times, and reset my phone, tried both on 4G and on wireless and I still don't have my Saved catalouge come across to me phone.

Please advise what the next step is.

Attachment 1 my 'Songs' list which contains 6000+ songs that I have saved.

Attachment 2 shows that I am not in Offline mode

Attachment 3 shows the Albums list on my phone. These two albums I have used my phone to add

spot.png
Screenshot_2014-07-08-13-38-55.png
Screenshot_2014-07-08-13-33-58.png
6 Replies

Ok from what I can see, any album that I 'Save' from now on, whether on my PC or on my Samsung Galaxy S4, it will appear in my 'Your Music' section. It seems that all the music that I had 'Saved' previously is now only on my PC and I'll have to go through and unsave/save it all again to get it all back on my phone.

I plugged my phone into my PC and tried to Sync but this only syncs playlists, and does not sync 'Saved' tracks.

I don't want to use Playlists, I think they're pointless. I just want all my music in a single list that I can sort by Song, Album or Artist. Playlists do not provide this functionality.

Is there anyway to get my Saved items to come back across to my phone?

Hi. What version of the desktop client are you using? There was a bug, which I thought was now fixed. where dragging over 5400 tracks into Your Music failed. If you log out of the client and back in, are those tracks all still showing in Your Music? If they've gone, drag them back in but in smaller batches and the S4 will update too.

The Artists shown with 0 tracks are artists you are following but for whom you haven't saved any music.

Hi Joe, for the record I am using 0.9.10.22.gf8988f9

I found the solution: I had to uninstall Spotify for the 4th time but before I did, I went to Settings > Other > Delete cache and saved data
Then, I went into my Samsung settings and went to More > Application manager > Spotify > Clear Data, then I clicked Uninstall

Then, I turned my phone off and then back on and reinstalled Spotify. I then logged in and checked my 'Your Music' section. Over the course of 30 minutes everything slowly started coming back and now it's all working fine. Thanks for your response.

Cheers,

Craig

Great, enjoy your music 🙂

Satiex, thank you loads for this. I've been struggling with this for months now. Now I don't have to drag along two devices anymore when running (iPod for music, phone for Runkeeper app). Very grateful. B-|

Well, try Coolmuster Android Assistant, we can use it to move almost everything from android phone to computer, and we can also use it to manage apps, contacts on computer, have a try!

Suggested posts