Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your app sucks. Help me fix or I will have to migrate to another service.

Your app sucks. Help me fix or I will have to migrate to another service.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

SAMSUNG Galaxy S10 (and same problems with S8)

Operating System

Latest Android

My Question or Issue

For some reason your app is the most**bleep** I've ever experienced, riddled with problems I do not have on Soundcloud, Youtube Music, Youtube, Google Play or even Personal FTP streaming.

Your app:

1. Fails to start 4/5 times

2. Crashes/ freezes constantly

3. Stops playback (even on downloaded content) about once for every 3 minutes on average

4. Downloads with no option to pause when connected on wifi

5. Often does not stop playback after closing

6. Often says it is online/ fails to load content, queue songs or access song option menus

7. Times out trying to load any page, including the home page and/ or settings page

I have uninstalled McAffee completely, if which I am a subscriber of, specifically from your advice and it has done nothing.

Experiencing your app has been even worse than not listening to anything at all - nothing has managed to send me into quite as much rage as this, and I do not know how you do it.  I broke my last phone specifically because of these issues, of which - I will say again - I NEVER have with ANY other platform, and no matter how many reinstalls, reboots, and factory resets, the problems still persist.

The platform on Windows 10 is fine, although a little lethargic at times, but the android platform is about as convenient as carrying a vinyl player, two passive speakers and an entire vinyl collection with a hand crank generator.  Please help me fix this because this is appaling and there is no chance this is the best you can do.

Thank you for your time.

8 Replies

It is October and I am still having all the same issues you mentioned above. It is extremely frustrating. I don't have this experience with any other high profile app. 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

If you're having any issue with the Mobile app, the best first step is to perform a clean reinstall. You can checkout this guide for the device relevant steps. Note that this is different than a regular deleting and reinstalling the app.

Also @4-1yjm_ttes5c, could you tell us exactly what's not working properly with your app.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Agreed on everything except the Windows 10 platform has the same issues if not worse. For some reason when I click on a tab a blank black screen welcomes me until I exit and reclick to said tab again for 5-6 times if I'm lucky that day.

Why? None of the other apps requires a clean re-install to work properly.

I never faced any of your problems. Even using my previous old phone Redmi Note 4. I am using Spotify on Android, iOS, and Windows 10. All work perfectly for me. I hope your problem could be solved soon!

Hey there @Kekevi,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

We suggest that you perform a clean reinstall since that will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how everything works after you've done that so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Its hopeless. Spotify was working perfectly. Now features are gone, the app keeps closing and the customer service can help no matter how many times you ask. You can no longer even highlight tracks to transfer them. The list of things gone or not working is mind boggling. 

Hi @2020star,

Thank you for posting on this thread.

We're sorry to hear the app is malfunctioning so much for you, we'll do our best to help you with it. 

To start, please let us know what are the issues with the app and the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, this way we won't repeat them. 

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts