Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

all my downloaded music disappeared when my phone died

all my downloaded music disappeared when my phone died

all my downloaded music (execpt the one playlist I just downloaded) just disappeared after my device died. I have a feeling it may be more htc's fault then spotify but I feel like there could be a way to detect then undo this bug?

5 Replies

Yikes!! Sorry to hear that.. but there is pretty good chance you playlists are still safe & intact.

See ...Spotify doesn't actually store the playlists and music on your device, they exist in the cloud unless you download them for offline, which just allows you to play them when you cannot connect to the internet.

This is a good thing, because if we change phones or computers for upgrade or becuase they break, Spotify has our playlists and music preferences safe on their servers.

So.. I would recommend that you check to make sure that you are signed in with the same account that you were signed before the device died.

If your playlist are just not showing up as 'downloaded' or available for offline, you may have experienced some kind of storage corruption on the htc device and may need to connect to wifi and mark the playlists you want available for offline use again.

I have accidentally signed in with an old account or created a fresh account accidentally and seen similar results. Typically I just had to sign out and then sign back in with the correct account.

If you are connected via facebook, make sure you are signed into the correct facebook account in safari before trying to sign in on spotify via facebook. That has gotten me before too.

Hope that helps!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kind Regards, Le FyK.
I do not work for Spotify.

Follow me

@lord_fyk wrote:

If you are connected via facebook, make sure you are signed into the correct facebook account in safari before trying to sign in on spotify via facebook. 

We android users should ensure we are logged into the facebook app 🙂

😳 good point @Joe 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kind Regards, Le FyK.
I do not work for Spotify.

Follow me

You have unfortunately misunderstood what I meant. You thought I was refering to the playlists on spotify wheras I was refering to the files I downloaded onto my device to play offline or that is without the need to stream them over cell data or just without the need to stream them at all.

I have experienced the same issue a few times... It is very annoying. When my iphone dies, I am logged out of spotify and every song is no longer synced/available offline. Never did it do this before. All of my playlists are there, but all of my music is not synced/unavailable .

This is a bug!

Suggested posts