Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

alphanumeric order in android version is different from order in desktop version

alphanumeric order in android version is different from order in desktop version

If I sort a playlist by song title on the desktop version, and I sort the same playlist by song title on the android version, the resulting order is not exactly the same on both. For example, it seems that special characters, like parentheses and the pound sign, are ignored in the android version, but not in the desktop version. And the desktop version ignores "The" at the start of song titles whereas the android version doesn't. I wish the order were exactly the same on both versions.

2 Replies

Have you checked to see if that Idea already exists in the Ideas section? If it does then add your Kudos to show your support. If not, create a new idea and if it gets enough Kudos it may well happen!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Sorry for posting in the wrong section, and thanks for letting me know where to post a request in the future.

The order should be the same on all versions, but I don't think it would be very useful to me after all, so I won't post in the ideas section for now.

Suggested posts