Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung note 10

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I am on mobile and go to the podcasts tab and press "shows" I get a "Something went wrong. Have another go?" alert. I'll press try again and nothing will happen. Everything else works fine, and I can search for the podcasts individually, but none of them show up even though I'm following them. They show up in the episodes tab though.

Screenshot_20200708-215348_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20200708-215352_Spotify.jpg
10 Replies

Hey there @katiehoran

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

As a first step you can try performing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your Samsung. This makes sure any corrupted files that might be causing the issue will get removed from your device. Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device.

Tip: Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts.

In case the clean reinstall doesn't do the trick for you, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Hi,

so I tried every one of your suggestions, and it only got worse. Now, I can't see the podcast episodes that came out recently. Please help 

Screenshot_20200815-094703_Spotify.jpg

This podcast error problem needs serious serious attention. Silly, obvious IT-guy suggestions like restart, reload, etc. don't work. In this forum, I see no signs of progress since early July, which is unacceptable. And, moreover, this help site is clunky, difficult to search, and poorly monitored. I like this platform, but my growing impatience might soon close my checkbook.

Hey there @swhited,

Thanks for your reply.

We're doing our best to resolve issues such as these as soon as possible, but you need to bear in mind that there's a large variety of devices that run Spotify, so there's not always a unique solution that can be implemented straight away. That's why we need to go through several troubleshooting stages, in order to figure out exactly what's going on.

Could you try to check whether Spotify is blocked by any firewall or permissions software on your device. We understand that not everybody complies with allowing certain apps to access their data, however this may sometimes hinder the app's performance. 

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.

2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

3. Last step - restart the phone. 

Let us know how it goes! 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey there, Alex:

This is a better response than the earlier email dismissing the request, but I suggest that the phrase "you need bear in mind" isn't the tone you seek. YOU might bear in mind that I'm paying for podcast functions that DO NOT WORK!

However, no luck today, not to mention that I already tried all this. Have you had any trouble with Firefox?

Everything worked fine until about the same time as the first July complaints, which leads  me to suspect the problem is on your end.

Hi again @swhited,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear that our suggestion didn't help.

Could you give us a bit more details about your issue with Firefox - Are you experiencing the same using the Web player as well? Also, if it's possible, could you ask a friend to log in with their account on your device and check if the app behaves in the same way?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

I don't have any issues with Firefox. The questions was does Spotify have any problems with Firefox?

No problems with the web player on the computer, but then "podcast" options don't work the same way as the mobile version.

A friend logs in by mobile and the Podcast options are working ...

Thanks, SW

Hey there @swhited,

Thanks for the info.

If the podcast options are working fine when your friend log in on your device and you're experiencing issues both on the Web player and the app, this sounds like there might be an issue with your account.

Could you try creating a new account and check whether everything works fine on that one?

AlexModerator

Again, IT-guy responses: refresh, restart, uninstall/reinstall, or today ... create a new account!

You've finally conceded that the problem is on your side; as you can see on this thread, I'm not alone ... so please fix it!

I like Spotify, but if your solution is to start over, rebuild your playlists, re-subscribe to podcasts, etc., I might as well try a different music/podcast service.

Hi again @swhited,

We understand that your music is important to you and we do our best to try and figure out what causes these issues.

So far it seems that there is some issue with the account itself. You can check out this guide on how to transfer your music collection over to a new account, if podcasts function normally on it.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts