Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

android says trying to access from another country

Solved!

android says trying to access from another country

Since spotify "came to canada" i've been able to use it on the same account ive been using for months on my laptop, however now when I try to sign into it on my phone it tells me im trying to sign into it from another country. I've only ever used spotify in canada and I've only ever used one account, which now only works on my laptop and not on my android. Please tell me how to log into my account on my phone so that I do not lose all of my saved playlists and music.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

6 Replies
Marked as solution

solved

Great. I've updated this thread to show as solved.

Glad you got it sorted.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi, I have been having the same problem as the user mentioned above- when i try to log in on my android (samsung galaxy 4), it says i am logging in from a different country. I tried clearing the cache on the app, uninstalling, then reinstalling it...I was able to use it on my pc at work, but now am having trouble using it on my laptop (looks like its logged in, and then just keeps loading saying 'connecting to spotify'). Obviously something strange is going on with my account, not my devices...

@erni_29 wrote:

Hi, I have been having the same problem as the user mentioned above- when i try to log in on my android (samsung galaxy 4), it says i am logging in from a different country. I tried clearing the cache on the app, uninstalling, then reinstalling it...I was able to use it on my pc at work, but now am having trouble using it on my laptop (looks like its logged in, and then just keeps loading saying 'connecting to spotify'). Obviously something strange is going on with my account, not my devices...

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Spotify says Im trying to log in from a diffrent country when I am not. Why can I not log in on my android tv useing topfield android.

To use spotify in a different country, you need to change the country and zip in your profile to the country you are in.

Suggested posts