Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

artist shuffle on playlist

artist shuffle on playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Moto G5S Plus

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I used to write the artist name in my playlist and shuffle and spotify would just play songs from the artist I wrote the name, but now I shuffle with an artist name and my playlist shuffle songs from all artists in the playlist, this feature is no longer available?

7 Replies

Hey @ghostzl, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with shuffling tracks in your playlist. We'll definitely be able to help.

This should still be working. When did you notice this start happening? Does logging out and back in make a difference?

You can also try a clean reinstall to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Hello, I tried both reinstall and re-logging, but didn't work, what else can I do?

Hey @ghostzl.

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Does this happen with every playlist you try it out on? Does the issue persist if you log into a different device and try to recreate this?

Let us know how it goes.

It happens with any playlists, I tried everything I don't know what else should I do

Understood.

Just to confirm, have you noticed if the same happens on a different device? It'd be nice if you could give it a shot on a desktop PC and check if the app behaves any differently. If you'd like, you could also have a friend or relative log into their account on your Moto G5S Plus and see if the issue is also showing on their account as well.

Keep us posted!

On desktop works well the shuffle in a playlist, I will try to log a friend's account in my device G5S plus and give more information.

Hello!

I've been having this same problem for days now! I'm both glad and saddened that I'm not alone with this issue...

I live in Finland, my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. I have done the following:

- reinstalled the app three times

- logged in/out

- made sure the app was updated (but to be clear, this problem appeared before the latest update)

- this problem does not appear on my PC, however, since my lack of friends I can't find out if this problem would appear on someone else's phone or app

- restarted my phone, update and even did that "go back to when the phone last worked" -thing

... and still, no resolution. Very sad, much troubling. Any suggestions?

Suggested posts