Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't share track on Instagram Stories

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 5Operating SystemAndroid 7.0Spotify Version8.5.36.747Instagram Version123.0.0.21.114My Question or IssueI want share track via Instagram Stories but it was missing. My Spotify and Instagram app updati...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Operating System Android 7.0 Spotify Version 8.5.36.747 Instagram Version 123.0.0.21.114 My Question or Issue I want share track...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify stuck in free mode

For the past few months I've had spotify on my pc and my phone without premium i was able to listen to any song in my playlists if i had network connection (both on my phone and pc). A few days ago I had to switch PCs and now the spotify app on my ph...

• Casual Listener
  • For the past few months I've had spotify on my pc and my phone without premium i was able to listen to any song in my playlists if i had network connection (both on my phone and pc). A few days ago I...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems when creating a stereo speaker pair with Amazon Echo

PlanPremiumCountryGT DeviceSamsung Galaxy S9 Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI created a stereo speaker pair with my new Amazon Echo devices and it's working fine with my Spotify account, but when another person asks Alexa to play Spotify...

•   Plan Premium Country GT   Device Samsung Galaxy S9   Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I created a stereo speaker pair with my new Amazon Echo devices...
  • JohnS43
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Amazon
    Echo
    Stereo Pair
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Is very slow

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDeviceSamsung Galaxy A50Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueThis is my second complaint; The application takes too long to load a song even the "songs I like" takes about 10 minutes to load, and do not say when I'm...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Mexico Device Samsung Galaxy A50 Operating System Android Pie    My Question or Issue This is my second complaint; The application takes too long to l...
  • DanielTham
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

[ANDROID] Local files randomly get greyed out on Playlist but playable

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceS8 Operating SystemAndroid Version 9 (Pie) My Question or IssueMy issue is that my local files randomly get greyed out. Its not every local file but random ones at random times. The local files that get greyed out though ca...

• Plan Premium Country US   Device S8  Operating System Android Version 9 (Pie)    My Question or Issue My issue is that my local files randomly get greyed out. Its not e...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't login, receiving "You're offline" message

For some reason I was logged out of my Spotify app. When trying to log back in, I receive the "You're offline" message. Obviously I have internet so I click "OK" and try again, and get the same prompt, up until there's a new prompt to open my email a...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason I was logged out of my Spotify app. When trying to log back in, I receive the "You're offline" message. Obviously I have internet so I click "OK" and try again, and get the same promp...
  • Alex
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    login issue
    login issues
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Car View won't automatically start with Bluetooth.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S10Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueIve enabled Car View to turn on automatically but it never does. I'm connected to my car's Bluetooth because the music plays. I can turn on Car View manually,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Ive enabled Car View to turn on automatically but it never does. I'm connected to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Premium doesn't show quantity of the songs in my playlist!

DeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or IssueIs it possible to indicate the quantity of the songs in my created playlist? I can just see the overall duration of the songs.

• Visitor
  • Device Samsung Galaxy S7   Operating System Android  8.0.0   My Question or Issue Is it possible to indicate the quantity of the songs in my created playlist? I can just see the...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy Watch Active 2 -> Recently played -> Artist -> "No music"

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevice(Samsung Galaxy 9, Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2)Operating System(Android, Tizen) My Question or IssueWhen navigating to "Recently played" menu on Galaxy Watch Active 2 and tap on the artist, all I'm getting is "No musi...

• Plan Premium Country Finland Device (Samsung Galaxy 9, Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2) Operating System (Android, Tizen)   My Question or Issue When navigating to "Recently played" me...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to use spotify

Good morning, I have downloaded spotify on my phone (Android) and created a playlist to listen to whilst travelling over the holiday period....I could not, because I kept being told that I did not have internet connection....maybe I don´t understand,...

• Casual Listener
  • Good morning, I have downloaded spotify on my phone (Android) and created a playlist to listen to whilst travelling over the holiday period....I could not, because I kept being told that I did not ha...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify downloads at odd times, can i control time of day?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Mario
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Albums disappear from phone, playlists do not

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevice(Windows 10 PC; HTC 510 android phone)Operating System(i) My Question or IssueI have about 30 albums and 20 playlists downloaded to a SD card on my phone. For about the past 2 months, all the albums disappear from the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device (Windows 10 PC; HTC 510 android phone) Operating System (i)   My Question or Issue I have about 30 albums and 20 playlists downloaded to a SD card...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify app on my oneplus 6 keeps saying I'm offline when I have wifi

CountryEngland membership premium DeviceOneplus 6Operating SystemAndroid 9Spotify version 8.5.36.747My Question or IssueI have looked at the threads and done everything on them including reinstalling, rebooting, checking it isn't in offline mode, tur...

• Visitor
  • Country England  membership  premium  Device Oneplus 6 Operating System Android 9 Spotify version  8.5.36.747 My Question or Issue I have looked at the threads and done...
  • Feebleminder
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Poor shuffle /random play.

PlanPremiumCountry Device(Samsung Galaxy 9,)Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueOut of a 100 song playlist some songs never get played some get played too often. This is an ongoing problem that should be an easy fix.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (Samsung Galaxy 9,) Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Out of a 100 song playlist some songs never get played some get played...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • shuffle
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Impossible to adjust volume level of local files on Android

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMoto G5 PlusOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI recently started the Spotify Premium trial on the recommendation of a friend, with one of the major selling points being the ability to upload local files to Spotify...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Moto G5 Plus Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I recently started the Spotify Premium trial on the recommendation of a friend, with one of...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Metadata (pictures) Not correct with Car Metadata (pictures)

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9Operating SystemAndroid OreoVehicle2016 Toyota Tacoma w/ JVC deck (stock) My Question or IssueHi Guys I am having trouble with the pictures displayed in my truck, not matching what is on the screen o...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Operating System Android Oreo Vehicle 2016 Toyota Tacoma w/ JVC deck (stock)   My Question or Issue Hi Guys   I a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify hacked? How easy is this....

Plan family Country canada Device android, but doesn't matter which one Operating System whatever My Question or Issue I saw this on youtube: So I'm paying for the family plan and others are hacking/stealing the content. Am I an **bleep**? Why am I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan family Country canada Device android, but doesn't matter which one Operating System whatever   My Question or Issue I saw this on youtube: <snip - Moderator Edit...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android TV Spotify problems

PlanFree/Premium / not relevantCountryDKDeviceSONY BRAVIA ANDROID TVOperating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or IssueUsing Spotify on android TV is overall a very fine experienc, but have got a couple of issues with it; 1. Spotify connect is not avail...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium / not relevant Country DK Device SONY BRAVIA ANDROID TV Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue Using Spotify on android TV is overall a very fine experienc...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android TV
    Autostart
    spotify connect
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Device list Android 9 / 10

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands My Question or IssueHello, I have a weird problem which probably isn't a Spotify issue but maybe someone else had the same problem. I recently bought an Marantz stereo which supports Spotify connect. I can manage the dev...

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands   My Question or Issue Hello,   I have a weird problem which probably isn't a Spotify issue but maybe someone else had the same problem. I recen...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists are sorted differently on Android compared to Desktop

Hi all, I've sorted my playlists on my pc in folders and such. I noticed that the playlists are not displayed in the same order as on the pc (see pictures). This is how it's on the pc and how it should be: This is how it looks on my phone (android v8...

Playlists on pc.jpg Screenshot_20200101-083211.png
  • Regular
  • Hi all,   I've sorted my playlists on my pc in folders and such. I noticed that the playlists are not displayed in the same order as on the pc (see pictures).   This is how it's on the ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes