Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Intermittent Connection

I have a Motorola Droid 3 (XT862) from Verizon running Android 2.3.4 Build 5.5.1_84_D3G-55. Until recently I had been using Audiogalaxy to listen to music from my computer to my phone. I switched to Spotify because if I was at the office and my inter...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Motorola Droid 3 (XT862) from Verizon running Android 2.3.4 Build 5.5.1_84_D3G-55.   Until recently I had been using Audiogalaxy to listen to music from my computer to my phone. &nbs...
  • Scoyn27
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Freezes

I have been receiving pretty good service from Spotify, but recently noticed the app freezes when I am scrolling through the playlist every so often. If I wait about 15 seconds, it unfreezes and allows me to proceed. Once in while I get an error mess...

• Regular
  • I have been receiving pretty good service from Spotify, but recently noticed the app freezes when I am scrolling through the playlist every so often.  If I wait about 15 seconds, it unfreezes an...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback pausing mid-playlist due to track time over-running?

Occasionally playback of a synced playlist on my Galaxy Nexus stops at the end of a track (not the end of a playlist) rather than progressing to the next track. I've noticed that when this happens the current playback time indicator is always 2+ seco...

• Casual Listener
  • Occasionally playback of a synced playlist on my Galaxy Nexus stops at the end of a track (not the end of a playlist) rather than progressing to the next track.   I've noticed that when this h...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Support

I don't think I'm alone here when I say I am saddened by Spotify's level of customer service. Yes, you have fine staff who write and communicate on the boards, albeit they don't (from what I've seen) tend to have much to say for support beyond: clear...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't think I'm alone here when I say I am saddened by Spotify's level of customer service. Yes, you have fine staff who write and communicate on the boards, albeit they don't (from what I've seen)...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify crashes with Amazon mp3s

Spotify Android app crashes every time I try and play a track that I've previously purchased through the amazon mp3 store. It plays all my other music files, but falls over EVERY single time I try and play a track that's been bought through Amazon. M...

• Spotify Android app crashes every time I try and play a track that I've previously purchased through the amazon mp3 store.    It plays all my other music files, but falls over EVERY singl...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Charge froze, delete Spotify, won't reinstall

Charge froze when searching, "do you want to wait"Uninstalled Spotify now will not reinstall on 4G or wifi

• Casual Listener
  • Charge froze when searching, "do you want to wait" Uninstalled Spotify now will not reinstall on 4G or wifi  
  • mwproto
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Device Support Roadmap?

Hello, I totally understand that Spotify cannot commit to supporting every iteration and version of Android under the sun. Especially when those versions of the OS are used on such varied types of devices. However, as a Premium customer of a product ...

• ...eadlines that are publicly available don't get met. However, there must be a happy medium where Spotify could clearly state that the dates are subject to change at any time. &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album cover popup

Is there a way to turn off this album cover popup when changing track... Very annoying...

• Is there a way to turn off this album cover popup when changing track... Very annoying...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Something wrong with my mobile account

Hey! I have premium, but I suddenly can't play my songs offline! I use my phone every day or music so this is a major problem! Please help

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! I have premium, but I suddenly can't play my songs offline! I use my phone every day or music so this is a major problem! Please help 😞
  • Frank
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android Crashing and Freezing on Desire HD

Spotify randomly crashes. Streaming or local, UI active or not seems irrelevant. If I restart the app after the crash it does not remember what song or playlist was playing. Spotify randomly freezes the UI for 5-30 seconds (music keeps playing), usua...

• Spotify randomly crashes. Streaming or local, UI active or not seems irrelevant. If I restart the app after the crash it does not remember what song or playlist was playing.    Spotify ra...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

info streaming

info streaming thing keeps popping up on mine an wont go away. i cant play my tunes. how can i get this to leave?

• info streaming thing keeps popping up on mine an wont go away. i cant play my tunes. how can i get this to leave?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Andriod Tablet

Hopeing someone can help me with this. I recently purchased a Samsung 10.1 tablet and installed spotify on it. When i open the app on my tablet it will only play about 1% of the local files that are stored on my main computer. I know that a friend of...

• Hopeing someone can help me with this. I recently purchased a Samsung 10.1 tablet and installed spotify on it. When i open the app on my tablet it will only play about 1% of the local files that are ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Two features missing

Hi guys, Here we go with some bugs/features I would like you to improve. 1- share a song. When pressing menu when listening a song you should get the option to share. Why? Because I do not want to go through all my playlist to find a song, then keep ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   Here we go with some bugs/features I would like you to improve.   1- share a song. When pressing menu when listening a song you should get the option to share. Why? Because I...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Play issues

When playing on my Droid X2 through an aux cable or headphones, I have problems with the vocal parts of tracks being almost unintelligable. When playing through the device's speakers, everything sounds great, but when I plug something in (aux to car ...

• Casual Listener
  • When playing on my Droid X2 through an aux cable or headphones, I have problems with the vocal parts of tracks being almost unintelligable. When playing through the device's speakers, everything soun...
  • timbricker13
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes on removed local files in playlist

Spotify app doens't seem to check if Local Files are still present.When one of those files is in a playlist and Spotify tries to play it, it crashes. Had to root my phone to restore those playlists.See here for more info.

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify app doens't seem to check if Local Files are still present. When one of those files is in a playlist and Spotify tries to play it, it crashes.   Had to root my phone to restore those ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes