Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't download offline tracks since new version

Solved!

can't download offline tracks since new version

Hello everyone,

here's my problem: I am an android user and until yesterday had no trouble at all listening to music offline on my phone. Then Spotify asked me to get the new version (the app is now called Spotify music) and since then I have not been able to download my playlists to listen to them offline, no matter how many other data I delete or how many times I delete and download the app again, it will always tell me there is not enough space to save my tracks, but my storage space is the same as before I got this new Spotify app. If anyone knows a solution, I would be grateful if they could share it with me.

thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just went back to the Google Play store, searched spotify and re downloaded the Spotify (not Spotify Music) app, and voila, I can download playlitsts freely again.

Until this is fixed I won't use the new version.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I have the exact same issue. 

9Gb free on internal, 16Gb free on SD. Using Samsung Galaxy S4. 

The problem only occured with the new version.

Yeah I have that problem too. Im an android user too, i really have no idea what is going on there

If it's any consolation, neither do the Spotify developers/support team. 

They write an app that allows hackers in. They waste their time blocking apps to allow Chromecast support, while refusing to add it themselves. They force an update that makes the app unusable for thousands of subscribers. They cause everyone to download offline tracks again, despite not deleting the old ones. They vacate the forums entirely, hoping we'll all just forget about this and move on. 

HOW DO YOU ANSWER FOR THESE TRANSGRESSIONS, SPOTIFY? Are you idiots or actually evil? That's a legitimate question. It could be both, but it can't be neither.

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900
Marked as solution

I just went back to the Google Play store, searched spotify and re downloaded the Spotify (not Spotify Music) app, and voila, I can download playlitsts freely again.

Until this is fixed I won't use the new version.

What version is the app you are using now? I thought the old version had now been disabled.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

1.1.0.113 is the last version that works. Last I checked it was still available in the google play store. Called Spotify rather than the new "Spotify Music"

Suggested posts