Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't get spotify unlimited on android

can't get spotify unlimited on android

I've been using spotify for over a year now via my laptop, and have been paying for spotify unlimited for quite some time too. When I use spotify via my laptop everything is fine. However, I recently got a new Android phone and wish to use my spotify account with it. When I sign into my spotify account all my playlists are there, but it will only let me shuffle play them and I'm also getting ads. What can I do to fix this? I'm assuming this should not be the case considering I'm availing of the unlimited service?
4 Replies

Hi, Yes you are correct as mobile use was only limited to Premium subscribers previously. Now this has been opened up (limited) to all users you still have the same access as a free user as on mobile there are really just 2 plans 'Premium or Free'.

There has recently been an idea submitted to alow Unlimited users greater access on the mobile app, you may wish to add some Kudos to it to help raise it's priority level.

The idea is posted Here

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I have also put together a chart showing all of the different subscription levels under the new system here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Subscription-Comparison-Chart/td-p/666916

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Evidently this is a recent issue, one I'm experiencing also. Has there been any movement on it as of today? I'm pissed you can't talk to a human and Spotify uses a Community Board as an answering service to keep it's customer base at arms lenght, kinda debasing we are paying pests not worthy of conversing with

Absolutely no idea what your issue is @Lionpride-Heart but the direct contact options are detailed here.

Suggested posts