Premium

Country

UK

Device

Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I have recently changed from ios to android .  I have noticed an issue when offline trying to play albums where it will just hang and just show a blank screen when trying to access any downloaded album.   It is definitely downloaded.  

I have deleted the spotify app and reinstalled it , tried clearing cache etc and get the same issue. 

I work in a place with barely a phone signal so use offline mode quite a bit . 

Playlists load and work ok but not albums , its quite frustrating , anyone else have this issue 

4 Replies

Hey @d_p_4,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Also, If you use an SD card, you can remove it, clean reinstall Spotify and then try running the app again without the SD card? Do the downloads function correctly then? If not, could you ask a friend or family member to log in their account on your android phone and check if the same behavior comes up? That way we can test if the root cause of the problem lies with the account itself.

Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, thanks for the reply , yeah I've tried a complete uninstall and reinstall. Same issue 

I tried it again then logged into my wife's accounts on my phone, same thing 

It's weird cos it's only albums it happens on , saved  playlists work absolutely fine 

It's ok on my account on my wife's phone with the download albums  but she has an iPhone and I've got a pixel 5 . There's no external storage on it so I'm using the internal storage 

Hey @d_p_4,

Thanks for the reply.

Most likely the issue is related to your phone and not the account, since your account works on your wife's phone. 

On your phone, could you go in Settings and make sure that no Battery/ Performance optimization is enabled for Spotify and that the app is granted all permissions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've sort of figured it out I think . Might sound daft but I never realized there was a go offline button in the settings of spotify . If I set that then use it then offline albums work ok.   

Where I work the signal is really bad and a lot of the times shows as not connected but now and again a little bit of signal comes through so must be confusing spotify in trying to connect and hang. 

I never needed it on ios as the it always loaded offline albums regardless of how poor my signal was. 

Suggested posts