Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't play music?

can't play music?

I'm on an android and when I press shuffle on any single album artist or play list it says it's a premium feature..... so I can't actually play any music..... help!?
6 Replies

Hey there @littletiger7376, welcome to the community!

That's odd. Are you on Premium or Free? If you are on Premium, try logging out and back in your account to shake things up 🙂

Let me know if that helps!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

... and if you/re a free user, following the steps here to reinstall will fix this.

Same issue. Spotify free version. Just moved country, changed my location to the local country, tried reinstalling the app completely (android). Logs in fine, but when I try to play anything on shuffle (as shuffle is the only available option to free users) it says it's a premium feature.

So I cannot play anything.

Looks like there are other posts with the same issue, but no solution.

Did you try the solution in my post (it's immediately abov yours)?

Yessir, a complete reinstall, clearing data first, then uninstalling, (then checking the storage/android/data folder but no trace of spotify files left there), and reinstalling.

😞

Hmmm, in that case I recommend you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Suggested posts