Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't share Songs or Playlists with "followed" Friends

can't share Songs or Playlists with "followed" Friends

Hi there,

when I try to share a Song or a Playlist with a "followed" friend, the "Send" Button stays grey and it is impossible to send it. I check the spelling of the username, everything is OK.
I'm not connected to Facebook. Hate that.
Is there a solution?

Shellac
11 Replies

Unfortunately there is no way to share "non-Facebook" in the mobile apps currently.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That worked perfectly fine as late as autumn 2013. Please bring this feature back. Being social does not equal having a facebook account.

horrible.

friends tried to send me music, didn't work and i can't send anything from android.

there are lots of people who rarely use spotify desktop anymore, please fix this, this is a bug!

Still not working on android. Goes in and out of play.spotify.com.

With the ongoing chromecast blockout in mind, I'm starting to wonder if you intentionally ignore these low hanging fruits in favour for fancy collaborations with other companies that are apparently controlling you like their puppet.

This is actually a bug though...

Can you contact support using the form linked in my signature? They are aware of the issue, but it may need escalating

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Filed the bug again there as you proposed. Hope they understand the frustration...

Can't share my playlists with followed friends on Android. Frustrating. Friends don't pop-up in the to: field and send button greyed out when typing in their username manually

It's happening to me too.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Spotify have been working on a fix for almost three years, see message from @Rorey here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad/Non-Facebook-friends-missing-on-iPhone5/m-p/56... That's a lot of work!

So, two and a half yerash for this current issue, and more for the iOS issue linked above which is basically the same thing. Come on. I connect via facebook, but my wife isn't, and won't, and I see nothing wrong with that. This is corporate bull**bleep**, not a bug.

This is still not working on iOS at least. This is major oversight, as it is not consistent with the behaviour on the desktop app (where it works just fine). Nearly 3 years on...

Suggested posts