Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cannot download playlists to Android phone

cannot download playlists to Android phone

Tried a clean re-install, re-syncing, and my Droid Razrr Maxx smartphone has plenty of space in internal storage and on the SD card, but I'm still not able to download playlists or albums for use offline to this device. The app message notes "waiting to download" but the download never happens. How do I troubleshoot this? I've seen a few other posts but the troubleshooting recommendations aren't working. Thanks!
12 Replies

Is that on wifi and mobile data? Try going into songs and toggle the switch to download over 3G

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks for the suggestion. It's not working with mobile data - 4G LTE. Tried switching to 3G but am still having the same problem.

What if you uninstall Spotify, remove SD card, install Spotify. Then login and try again with the SD card still out of the phone?

If it works without the SD card in your phone you may need to format it.

Android Troubleshooting:

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried this but it didn't work either.

Are you running a custom ROM? If not I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Android Troubleshooting:

Not that I know of. Would the Android OS I'm running make a difference? I'm not able to upgrade to Kit Kat on this phone so it's still running ICS and I've been having some issues with it. Not sure if this might be contributing to the problem. Thanks so much for your help! I'll contact Spotify Support too.

What issues have you been having? It may be that you need to factory reset your device.

It's only gingerbread or prior that are no longer supported. ICS is now the earliest supported OS version.

Android Troubleshooting:

Been having issues with the home screen freezing and the phone freezing. After 3 hard resets in the last 3 weeks and a lot of troubleshooting, Verizon is sending me a new version of the phone. Eventhough this model is 2.5 yrs old, it's a bit archaic and the RAM might not be adequate enough to support the latest updates to apps. At least that's what tech support is telling me, which makes sense.

Ah OK. That could be causing issues with the app too.

You say hard reset, I assume this is just the forced reboot. Have you performed a factory reset of the device at all? Anyway, let me know how you get on when your new device arrives.

Android Troubleshooting:

Sorry, I meant factory reset not hard reset. Will let you know how the app works when the new phone arrives, which will hopefully be tomorrow. Thanks again for all of your help!!

Hi there. I now have the Droid Maxx, which runs kit kat 4.4.4, but am still getting the "waiting for download" message and the music never downloads. I went through all of the troubleshooting steps with this new phone but it didn't work. Also tried emailing customer support but they responded by sending me back to this thread. If you have any more troubleshooting suggestions that would be great. Does Spotify customer service have a phone number? Thanks!

Odd that you should get it on a different phone also. Can you go to settings and check the download over 3G button then see if it stays downloading when you're on mobile data?

If it's still not working then let me know the case number you have with s support and I'll get it escalated.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts