cant download to sd card anymore

Solved!

cant download to sd card anymore

Plan

Premium 

Device

Galaxy j3v 

My Question or Issue

I've had spotify for 5+ years and I've had premium for over a year, and I've never had a problem. That is, until I updated the app yesterday. My phone wouldnt let me play music, so I figured the thing to do was to update spotify. Boy, was I wrong. I went to open the app after the update and found the login screen. I entered all of my info in, correctly, but since I was in offline mode when I updated, it wasn't letting me in. I uninstalled/reinstalled the app so I could access my account, and went to redownload my 9+ GB of music... except the one crucial feature, downloading to an sd card, vanished. I set permissions for storage on spotify and it still will not show up. To make matters worse, I now have 9GB of dead storage, that I can not delete, move, or replace with the actual music it was. I am having a bad, bad time.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @barbara253, help's here.

We understand if this used to work for you before the update, but check the following:

• SD cards should be formatted as portable and not as internal memory/adoptable storage. If it is: reformat the SD card.
  • The card should not be encrypted.

Once you've checked that, remove the card and put it back in, and then if possible, try a different SD card.

Hope that helps, and let us know how it goes!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @barbara253, help's here.

We understand if this used to work for you before the update, but check the following:

• SD cards should be formatted as portable and not as internal memory/adoptable storage. If it is: reformat the SD card.
  • The card should not be encrypted.

Once you've checked that, remove the card and put it back in, and then if possible, try a different SD card.

Hope that helps, and let us know how it goes!

Suggested posts