Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

*confused* two different Spotify's, but same version and android!

Solved!

*confused* two different Spotify's, but same version and android!

Hey,

I'm Spotify premium member more than a year and I would like to keep it that way but...

Briefly: A friend of mine and I have same spotify version (0.7.6.344) and same android version (4.3), but still different features and style! Why?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 using Android 4.3. My Spotify version has always been up to date as by now with 0.7.6.344. My friend has a Galaxy S4 also using Andorid 4.3 and Spotify version 0.7.6.344. Nevertheless, I just noticed that his Spotify app is slightly different to mine. It looks better, it has some better feature such as My library, direct volume control on screen when playing a song and so on. Basically his version looks exactly like the pictures in the google play app store. Mine looks different, it looks older and misses some features, even though it claims to be the same spotify app version. I tried already to uninstall and redownload, but it did not solve the issue.

I don't know why I still do have an older version 😞 I want to have the new features and style as on the app store picutres, can't be that it's only because of different phones, although the android version is exactly the same.

Any ideas?

Regards Arne

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You will find Spotify feature roll outs are not tied to version number, so two users can have the same Spotify version but different features. It sounds like your friend has:

- Spotify Collection (now known as Your Music) which is a new feature, currently in a closed beta test stage. Majority of users had to apply for early access to this feature, although a small group appear to have got it without applying. Applications for that test are now closed, but hopefully the feature will go public soon. 

- Spotify Connect which is a new way to remote control your Spotify devices and Spotify Connect enabled speakers. This too is on a staged roll out and should hopefully become public in the near future. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

You will find Spotify feature roll outs are not tied to version number, so two users can have the same Spotify version but different features. It sounds like your friend has:

- Spotify Collection (now known as Your Music) which is a new feature, currently in a closed beta test stage. Majority of users had to apply for early access to this feature, although a small group appear to have got it without applying. Applications for that test are now closed, but hopefully the feature will go public soon. 

- Spotify Connect which is a new way to remote control your Spotify devices and Spotify Connect enabled speakers. This too is on a staged roll out and should hopefully become public in the near future. 

Peter

So, I guess, I don't have any other option than just to wait until the features go public, right?

Can you say whether it is a matter of days, weeks, months or years?

Yup unfortunately so. I don't work for Spotify, so as too when your guess is as good as mine!

Peter

I don't have the collection feature either. Just waiting out until they push it to users.

Although that said, my app is different to my wife's in only one way... For some reason in the nav bar she had a direct link to her profile. I don't, which is odd.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts