Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cover menu on s5 lollipop

cover menu on s5 lollipop

Hi all
I have been ignoring this issue for about a month now hoping it would go away with spotify update, but it hasn't, so..When locking the phone screen, no longer appears, the album cover with its menu: back, pause / play, forward.And while you are driving or you are at work is really frustrating not being able to choose what to listen without unlocking the phone .. if not solved .. I'll have to cancel my 2 years premium subscription..please help me!
1 Reply

Lollipop has notification style swipe-able lockscreen controls. Many don't like it.

If you have nothing at all showing go to:

Settings/Sound & notification/ near the bottom look for: "When device is locked" choose "Show all notification content" or "Don't show notification at all"

Then there are further block and priority notification settings per app under "Application Notifications"

... but this will not address the type of swipable notification music control on the lockscreen that is limited to pause and skip, that is Lollipop behaviour.

If your phone isn't locked you can pull down from top to see notifications, while playing music there is a fully skipback/pause/skipforward music control tile.

There's a homescreen widget for Spotify ... that doesn't change the lockscreen issue though.

Suggested posts