daily mixes showing up with only shuffle play

Plan

Free

Country

U.S.A.

Device

Samsung s7

My Question or Issue

i listen to the daily mixes a lot, and recently four out of six have been showing up with no option to play individual songs, only shuffle play. ive tried to fix it within the playlist. ive also logged in and out of my account, uninstalled and reinstalled, and tried not touching them for a couple days. no idea if this is an intended feature, i couldn't find anything like it online.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

What I found works, is basically just play the shuffle and listen to a few songs and 9 times out of 10 it'll go back to normal, so hit the shuffle button and if you don't like the songs mute it and if you do listen, either way it'll go back to normal. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

It's happening to me too and I have also a Samsung S7 it's frustrating because I love listening to Daily mix but I listen to certain music depending on my mood or in daily mix there are sometimes music I don't like. So with the shuffle play I can't enjoy to listen to daily mix. There's only my daily mix 4 and 5 that I can choose the music I want to listen to.

that sucks, i wish i could offer a solution but it hasn't yet resolved itself for me. maybe it's a platform specific issue? im afraid if it continues i might just have to make a new account. 

I'm having the same issue on my Motorola phone, so it's not only limited to Samsung, so by my logic, this one is on them. It just sucks because the 4/6 of my daily mixes with this issue are the ones with the artists I listen to the most.

Now I have only the daily mix 5 that doesn't have a shuffle play...

at this point, the best solution may just be to make a new account. i did that two days ago after basically reaching my wit's end, and it solved the problem, but i understand if you're apprehensive (i did have to spend 45-ish minutes sorting out all my playlists and likes). i spoke to a customer service rep and she didn't seem to understand the problem or how daily mixes work, much less how to fix the problem. i wish you both the best of luck, and hopefully spotify will fix this issue. 

All of my daily mixes are shuffled and have been like this since the end of December. I have an iPhone so it must be the platform itself. I talked to a customer service rep as well and he didn’t seem to understand when I said that the shuffle button is blue and there was no option for me to turn it off. I really hope they fix this problem soon

Marked as solution

What I found works, is basically just play the shuffle and listen to a few songs and 9 times out of 10 it'll go back to normal, so hit the shuffle button and if you don't like the songs mute it and if you do listen, either way it'll go back to normal. Hope this helps.

When I was listening for free I had my daily mixes with a Play button and all of the other playlists were Shuffle play. I upgraded recently to Premium and the main reason to doing so was to have the Play option for all playlists (and to removed ads). I was very surprised to find that my daily mixes turned to Shuffle play only after the upgrade. Thanks God I’m on a 3 month free trial, I’m not going to extend it.

Same issue on iPhone X. It's clearly a platform issue.

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

If you're seeing playlists in the Made For You section only available on shuffle and this is happening for you while on Spotify free, we'd recommend heading over to this Ongoing Issue for more info.

Keep in mind that Daily Mixes in Japan are not on demand so it'd explain why you're having troubles listening without shuffle toggled on.

@SvenJ, you mention that this is currently happening for you on an iPhone device. Just to clarify, are you on a Premium or free subscription? 

If you're experiencing this only on your iPhone device and you haven't already, it would be a good idea performing a thorough reinstallation of the app with the steps mentioned here.

If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be helpful if you could let us know some additional details so we can take a closer look, for example:

• If this is happening when searching for your Daily Mixes or if you head there by clicking in the Made For You section
  • The country you're in
  • The exact Spotify version you're on
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

finally getting a response a year later, after i gave up and have been using a different account since then, is a real bruh moment. 

Hi Katerina,

Thanks for the reply. I've tested it on the desktop application both at work and at home and the problem persists there as well.

I've been a premium member since roughly 2010 or 2011, and I am in the US (California).

My desktop version is: 1.1.26.501.gbe11e53b

My mobile version is: 8.5.45.529

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, tried multiple devices, tried logging out and logging back in, tried multiple playlists, and tried them from my heavy rotation, from my "Made for You" menu, and from the search menu.

To me, this reminds me of when Spotify removed the "Downloads" section, and gave me the run around on it being a design choice rather than a bug. It seems like some intentional choice or a/b test is being run on the functionality, but I really do feel that as a premium member I should be able to control / predict my music if I choose to (despite daily playlists being generated by Spotify).

I hope that helps to diagnose the issue, and look forward to your reply.

Thanks again,

Steven

Hey again @SvenJ,

Thanks for getting back in touch and adding those details!

Could you share a screenshot of how the Daily Mixes look for you on each device so we can take a closer look? Just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info when posting in the Community.

Further, if possible, it'd be useful if you could let us know if this also persists if you use a different account on your devices. This way, we can double-check if this an account related issue.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I have the same problem on iphone, its so bad I am almost at the point of abandoning the service as I only listen to my daily mixes.  The "solution" tagged is not good enough as it doesn't always work.

There is no way to turn off shuffle that I can see on the my mixes when its already a pre-randomised listing.

Any progress on this?  I'm getting shuffle on all my daily mixes on my newly upgrade premium account on.  It's quite a horrible user experience.   I'm using the web player, on osx/firefox and also using the app on ios/phone.

Suggested posts