Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

disables downloaded songs when my signal/internet drops out

disables downloaded songs when my signal/internet drops out

Hate that I pay extra for Spotify so I can play music on cell phone without a internet connection and it disables about half of my songs and even whole playlists when my signal drops out even if I have the playlist downloaded. Is there anything I can do about this? Google Nexus 3

6 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I'm an iOS user but I assume the same thing is on Android.

Have you tried syncing your playlists then going to Settings>Playback and enabling offline mode?

If some of the tracks are offline files from your computer, you need to follow the steps outlined here.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hi,

I have a similar problem when using spotify on my Samsung Galaxy SII:

When going into offline mode one of my playlists contains no songs but as soon as I go back online it again indicates that all the songs are there and synced for offline listening. This problem started appearing after one of the more recent updates and only seems to affect one specific playlist. I have tried the things suggested in the android troubleshooting section but none of these solved the problem.I'm running spotify 0.6.0.20 on native Android 4.1.2.

Any suggestions? I have a couple of long-haul flights coming up within a month and would very much appreciate the possibility to listen to music on the plane as well...

-Kristian

Strange that it only affects one playlist. Could you try copying the songs to a new empty playlist on your desktop client then resynch and see if that fixes the problem?

Admittedly, this is one of the stranger things I've encountered. And it gets better: if I copy all the tracks to a new playlist on my computer, my phone says there are 0 tracks in that playlist. Which doesn't happen if I do the same thing with another playlist. Even going through the whole uninstalling routine before of after creating the new playlist doesn't help.

Also, adding tracks to this playlist is no problem, they promptly sync when I put the phone in online mode.

So this is strange to say the least. Maybe I just need to wait for a new update and hope that fixes the problem...

-Kristian

I'll take a guess that this playlist has over 333 tracks in it so let's try something else. Create a new empty playlist on your desktop client then drag around 100 tracks at a time into this new list. I'm hoping this will fix things for you.

Sorry for taking a while to respond, but this actually did the trick!

Thanks a lot for all the help!

-Kristian

Suggested posts