Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

does shuffle even work on the free version

does shuffle even work on the free version

Becauase it really feels like It doesn't do it at all if you wanna reshuffle your playlist or whatever.  When ever i want to actually shuffle i have to erase the data and start over and shuffle it again so it an make a new playlist. It's really frustrating how so much got removed on the free version

6 Replies

Hey @lumster49, welcome to the community! 

Hope your doing great! 

Sorry to hear you can’t use shuffle mode in the Spotify app, but no worries - I’ll be happy to help. 

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

You can learn more about shuffle play here
Let me know how this goes, I'll see what I can suggest next!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Let me guess the shuffle doesn't work and it will play the shuffle the exact same order every single time like back in March when you guys updated your app and made it unusable 

@lumster49 -

Thanks for the reply! I provided steps in the last post, hopefully you can try those, and let me know how this goes!

I’ll be awaiting your reply 🙂 

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star

i did reinstall it and shuffled but tried to shuffle again doesn't do it still looks like it didn't even shuffled 

@lumster49 -

Thanks for the reply! Were you able to check out this FAQ for more help: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/the_basics/shuffle/

Let me know how this goes!

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star

It will be nice if the queue still existed in the free app but no spotify removed it so how would i know if ot actually shuffled 

Suggested posts