Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

download playlist for offline use

download playlist for offline use

Hi all,

I've just added more songs to my laptop's spotify.  I am now trying to download them to my samsung s2 so I can play them offline, but even though I have internet connection, nothing happens.  Normally it says downloading 0 of 250 etc, but nothing happens.

Could this be a storage size problem on my phone?  Does Spotify take up much room?

I have 353mb available space on my USB storage and 1.51GB available space in the device memory bit.

Should I buy an SD card for the phone to put Spotify songs on there for offline use?

Any help would be appreciated.

13 Replies

353MB isn't much...

Do you have download on 2G/3G turned on or off? If you are downloading on 3G/4G then you must be sure to turn that on - it's in the settings part.

If that doesn't work, try changing the download quality to something different - that solved the issue for me when I had a similar bug 😉

Liam

Thanks for your reply Liam.

I changed the 2g/3g thing and changed extreme download to high quality, yet it still doesn't download.

Frustrating!

Please could you click the 'erase' button at the bottom of the settings menu and see if that makes a difference?

Liam

Will that delete all of my songs?

Yes it will. As Liam said, you don't have much space left so freeing up space so that you have at least 500MB free is the way to go. Clearing the spotify cache is one way to do this.

Thanks again for the replies.

So once i've cleared the cache, and then I redownload, will I be able to get all the songs, or will I get to the same point where it can't download any more?

Thanks

Once you get down to 250/300MB of free space, the android OS will prevent further downloading. Get an external SD card, do a clean reinstall and spotify will store music on that instead.

Awesome.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Once I get an SD card, and i'll get a 32gb or something similar.  How do I tell Spotify to download to that?

I've bought a 16gb SD card, and deleted spotify and re-downloaded it.  However, now that i'm downloading the songs for offline use, it's still storing in the USB area.

It hasn't automatically gone to the SD card.  

How can I change this?  I have gone into manage applications, selected spotify, however, the option of moving it to sd card I can't select it.

Any more ideas?

Thanks

I'd guess you didn't delete the cache before reinstalling. Follow the steps in this post and it should work fine.

Hi Joe,

I followed each step as per the post you linked.

I've read elsewhere that the new spotify version doesn't allow any offline songs to go to an sd card.

Very frustrating.

When you perform a clean installation of spotify it will set the external SD card as the cache location automatically as long as there is more free space there than in internal storage and all your music will be stored there. There are no issues in this respect with the current version.

Are you saying that following those instructions didn't work for you? How much free space is showing in your internal/external locations?

Suggested posts