Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

download whole artist discography

Solved!

download whole artist discography

Hello, I'm just wondering, if its possible to save the whole discography of an artist? For example, I am one of the followers of Avicii and there's a button that says follow artist. But it dosen't download all his released tracks. I know that this is one of the frequently asked questions but I can't understand fully some solutions that were given to questions like mine. For example following an artist then what, I still can't download his whole discography. Although there is one that I always do which is, I download per track which takes a little bit of time. So is there a procedure or button that can download it all? Thank you.

P.S. I'm on one of Spotify's discount promos, so if being on a promo, then I may not have the full feature of Spotify(which some I do not know of) so then I may not have the aformentioned feature that I am asking. Sorry for any spelling and grammar errors please correct me if it dosen't look appealing and thank you again. Especially to the person who might answer my frequently asked question.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jerome_dugs

Unfortunately there is no such feature available.

To save an artist's entire discography you would have to click the "+" next to every song to save it to your "songs" section which also will save it under Avicii in the artists section. Or you can add every song to a playlist. 

Just realized you posted this in the Android section. So instead of clicking, you would tap the "..." options menu and select the save (+) option or select add to playlist. 

If you would like to see a feature like this, add a kudo to this idea to show your support:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Music-Save-artist-including-all-albums-and-future-a...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Go to the artists page that you want and highlight one of their songs. Then rather use Command+A or go up to edit and choose select all songs. This will highlight all of their songs and you can then drag them to a playlist.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @jerome_dugs

Unfortunately there is no such feature available.

To save an artist's entire discography you would have to click the "+" next to every song to save it to your "songs" section which also will save it under Avicii in the artists section. Or you can add every song to a playlist. 

Just realized you posted this in the Android section. So instead of clicking, you would tap the "..." options menu and select the save (+) option or select add to playlist. 

If you would like to see a feature like this, add a kudo to this idea to show your support:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Music-Save-artist-including-all-albums-and-future-a...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Go to the artists page that you want and highlight one of their songs. Then rather use Command+A or go up to edit and choose select all songs. This will highlight all of their songs and you can then drag them to a playlist.

Suggested posts