Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

downloading local files

Solved!

downloading local files

I try once again to find help for my android cellphone (samsung s3, yes I know, it is old). I have a playlilst with many different song included spotifysongs and local files I have added to the list. Music is important in my life, so I have listen to my playlist very often.

Some days ago, I made a new playlist with some meditationfiles on my account, and I opend my spotify an the phone. The current playlist included the files are listet, but when I had pressed "available online" I see the message  "waiting for download" When I go to settings pressing to online I got this message: "no internet connections available". That is not true, I am using the same wifi on my phone as my computer, and I can surf on any webpage as I want on other items on the phone.

I don't know what to do, because I can't find any place on the program where I can sync. It looks like that the program is blocked somewhere, but I am not able to find out where. Can somebody please help me? tell me what I am doing wrong?. The strange thing I have listeend to local files before and suddenly they are not available.

I have also seen on play butikk (playstore)and there I notice that spotify is pg classified. What does that mean? For information, I have a google account, on the phone and computer. anyone please?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

In regards to the rating, this is due to the content on SPotify. Some songs will contain explicit lyrics; so parental guidance is suggested.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

In regards to the rating, this is due to the content on SPotify. Some songs will contain explicit lyrics; so parental guidance is suggested.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Windows firewall had blocked spotify. Problem solved. ๐Ÿ™‚

Suggested posts