Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

equalizer

equalizer

When can we expect equalizer on the Android platform similar to ios?
3 Replies

Hi,

There is an EQ setting, it sits under the Music streaming quality settings and is called "Equalizer" (previously known in the app as "Audio Effects"). The beauty of Android is the ability to customise and use the best option for yourself.

I personally use ViPER4Android FX (but does require Root & BusyBox to be installed), if not rooted or V4A is too complicated there are apps such as Equalizer in the Play Store.

FYI:- xda thread for V4A with setup guide, tips and support is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Sorry dude but the only settings available are the streaming music quality... nothing else. In ios I know the option from playback settings. 😕

Hi,

What devices are you using? Can you try a reboot or re-install of the app?
If still missing it may be part of this bug, please go to the thread and post your details.

The inbuilt EQ (or "Audio Effects" as it's called in the app) in spotify is essentially just a link to the Equalizer built into the ROM, if (as found in some Samsung & HTC devices) the EQ control is missing from the Android Settings then there is nothing for the Spotify to link to, as such it will remove the option.

If this is the case you need to install an app rom the Play store as previously advised.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts