Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

frozen player after listening to podcast

Solved!

frozen player after listening to podcast

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10 +

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I listen daily to JRE podcast, but if i switch to music the player will stay on the JRE podcast that i listened to. I can select a song, but the player won't change. The play/pause button will work after i click on it (it always freeze on play icon) and i can change the duration bar to skip trough the song, only the count of the podcast stays visible and also changes. 

It is also not possible to get the episode of the podcast normally working after this. so no video, duration bar keeps on the count where i left off. 

The only possible way to reset this is to reinstall the app, just closing it on my phone doesn't work!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @nmstumansery!

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one.

If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be great if you could let us know if the same issue occurs on other devices or is it happening only on your phone, over internal speakers or when listening through headphones? Additionally, could you check if it happens over both WiFi and 3/4G, or only on one connection type? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @nmstumansery!

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one.

If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be great if you could let us know if the same issue occurs on other devices or is it happening only on your phone, over internal speakers or when listening through headphones? Additionally, could you check if it happens over both WiFi and 3/4G, or only on one connection type? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

XeniaModerator

Hi @Xenia , 

Clearing the storage/data and cache trough Settings>Apps seems to do the trick and just to be sure i reinstalled the app just to be sure. However it is a recurring problem. From the time that i posted this till now, the problem just vanished and returned a couple days ago. 

I hope it stays fixed and if not i will post again. 

Thanks!

Hi there @nmstumansery,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let us know if this happens both on Wi-Fi and mobile data? Also, have you tried listening to the podcast when it's been downloaded - is there any difference.

Keep us posted 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi guys,

I've had the same problem for the last year.  Got a new Android (Galaxy A52 5G) and it's still getting stuck on the podcast screen (when I change the podcast or play music)  It also gets stuck on the old podcast if I go to a new podcast.   You have to stop the app to get the screen lining up to current podcast again

I've re installed before (even got new phone) and the problem persists.  Never had the problem till I started listening to podcasts for most part but have always had weird bugs on my Spotify (Androids).  I only use wifi mode if that helps

Please solve!  Love your product otherwise 🙂

Hi there @kingsdenstudios,

Thank you for your reply and for the provided information in this thread.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply,.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts