Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is my spotify saying that there are filters hiding results

Solved!

Why is my spotify saying that there are filters hiding results

Every time I go into my liked songs and try to sort by genre, it says I have 0 liked songs and that there are filters hiding some results. By "some results", it means all my songs. But when I exit the genre I'm trying to sort by, all my songs miraculously come back and play perfectly fine.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello and thank you all for the info,

We've passed this onto the right folks and a fix should be ready soon. Stay tuned and make sure to keep your apps updated.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

31 Replies

Once I select a genre usually it would bring a generated list up from my liked songs. Now it's saying that there's a filter issue and won't separate the genres

The mood and genre filter has worked perfectly fine but for some reason it stopped working. I tried reinstalling a couple times but it keeps saying the same thing "You have filters set which may hide some results"

Yes? I have this issue that I cannot use the filters on the top of my liked songs I have logged out, deleted the app, logged back in and it works for a little bit. Then the second I exit the app again It tells me I have filters that won't let me view the songs which I never put anything on

Both the search function and the filter by genre for my liked songs is not working. No matter what genre I select it displays zero songs. The search bar for my liked songs is also not working as it is unable to search for songs longer than one key word.

Hey there @Daddy9 

Thanks for the post.

What device is this happening on in terms of model and  OS version? It would be great if you can upload a few screenshots of how the app looks like when you start it and how it looks like after the filter options disappear. We'll look into this further.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We'd like to investigate further. Could you give the following troubleshooting steps a try:

• Log out from the app (Settings > Log out) and sign back in to your account.
  • Perform a clean reinstall of the app.
  • Reboot your device.
  • Log in to your account on another device (a friend's or a relative's would do) to see if the issue persists there.
  • Ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your device.

In case the issue persists, please share the following info:

• Your device's make, model and OS version.
  • The version of Spotify you're running.
  • A screenshot / short screen recording which captures this behavior in action.
  • Any additional troubleshooting you've tried so far.

It's also worth checking if this occurs only with your Liked Songs or with other playlists as well. If you haven't already, try removing a song from the playlist and adding it back to see if that does the trick.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Still not fixed, tried reinstalling and clean reinstalling, didn't work, and now even the genre sorting buttons are inconsistent, the first time I open liked songs, the genre buttons aren't even there, so I have to back out of liked songs and go back in again and then they show up. AND THEY STILL DO THE "YOU HAVE FILTERS SET THAT MAY HIDE SOME RESULTS! 

Android

Moto g power 2021

Same thing happened to me, id hate to curse but what actually **bleep** is**bleep**. It was working just fine last week and today i open up spotify to see i can't use the app im paying for? And yes i logged out, cleared my cache both inside and outside of the app, uninstalled, restarted my phone and yet what was the results? Nothing, now i gotta download a whole bunch of playlists again.

Screenshot_20230420_160417_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20230420_160423_Spotify.jpg

Anyways this is all **bleep**ed period. If this ain't fixed in a month ill just cancel my subscription and go back to my old spotify premium apk. I tested that one and it works just fine.

It says that when I go in my liked songs and try to pick a genre. No songs come up

To whom this may concern.
I have been struggling for a while now to use my filters in my liked playlist. I have tried everything the community and agents have recommended yet it still does not work.
I have also done a full cleanse of the app storage and cache from my device.
Please could someone assist.

Same thing is happening to me when I click on a genre like rap or country it says that I have filters set that may hide results.. this started 3 days ago for me.

I'm still having the issue after doing every suggestion and fix listed. 

Here is my phone model and a recording of the issue. I've done a clean uninstall, a phone reset, restarting my phone, logging out and logging back in, etc. Yet this continues to happen.

Screenshot_20230421_134301_Settings.jpg

Did you work out what it means. Mine is doing the same thing

Screenshot_20230422_084116.jpg

My Question or Issue

I use Samsung S22 Ultra and Galacy Tab S8 Ultra. Yesterday, filter by genre stopped working. My app is up to date. I tried reinstalling it, clearing cache but nothing works.  I even removed all of my downloaded music, deleted the app and installed it again. Nothing. No luck so far. All of my settings are the same as they used to be.

So on whichever genre I click, it shows:

You have filters set which may hide some results 

Marked as solution

Hello and thank you all for the info,

We've passed this onto the right folks and a fix should be ready soon. Stay tuned and make sure to keep your apps updated.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

JoanModerator

Hi.

I have the exact same issue. I just updated my app and tried other troubleshooting options. This is messing with my listening experience and it's sad cos this is a paid service. Please advise ASAP. 

I have a Pixel 7 Pro and I am still getting this error after clearing the cache and uninstalling and reinstalling the app a few times now

Suggested posts