Plan

Premium

Country GR

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S20+)

Operating System

(Android 10.)

My Question or Issue

after last update greek fonts in Spotify app looks terrible. some letters seem in different style

20200712_011508.jpg
12 Replies

I have the same problem. It seems that the letters that exist in the english font, because they are commonly used in science (e.g. π, μ, Δ) appear differently. Από ό,τι βλέπω ακόμα και εδώ συμβαίνει αυτό.

Same issue here but what's even worse is that it affects my "discover weekly" and "release radar" playlist image texts

ScreenshotSpotify.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out and voicing your concerns.

We're aware of the issue and have reported it to our developers. They're currently working on a fix, however we're not able to provide a specific timeframe for it's implementation.

We recommend that you keep the app app to date with the latest version. This way you'll get the fix as soon as it's available. This page explains how you can do this. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

2021 still not fixed

Hey there @fixtheletters

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Would you mind letting us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? This will help us give you better suggestions. 

Also, could you send over your device's make, model, OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

The problem still remains on both mobile and desktop devices. I think it is due to the font not being completed and only containing the letters π, μ, Δ, Ω.

Hey there @TheCoolerGiorgos

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps.

Additionally, we'd like to know your devices' make, model, OS version and the Spotify version they're currently running.

Lastly, sending us some screenshots of how the letters look like on your end would come in handy. Make sure not to send any private info.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello, it is my third time replying now and I get this message "This reply was marked as spam and has been removed. If you believe this is an error, submit an abuse report". Anyways, if this reply works, I have 2 screenshots on my profile (posted twice actually but I'm not sure if they're shown publicly).
1) The account overview page, with the letters pi, mu and capital delta (+capital omega) standing out
2) A part of my Home page, the letters are still standing out and I have also noticed that official Greek Spotify playlists have their names transliterated to Latin script.

I have more info regarding the font and my devices' information, which I can elaborate in another reply. Lastly, the font appears the same on all of my 3 devices (android, iphone, desktop) and even on this site.
Thank you,
Giorgos

Hi @TheCoolerGiorgos,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop with this. 

We'd appreciate it if you could share with us the information asked by @Eni, along with the screenshots you mention. This will help us investigate further. 

We'd also like to know how widespread this issue is, so can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator

Hello,

I have attached the screenshots on this reply.

My devices are:

Samsung Galaxy A50, Android 11, latest Spotify update

iPhone 6S, iOS 15.1, latest Spotify update

Desktop, Windows 11, latest Spotify update.

I tried both uninstalling and installing the app again and creating a new account but the problem still persists.

Any font enhancements would be appreciated by us Greeks.

Thank you,

Giorgos

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2021-11-11 164427.png
Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2021-11-11 165654.png

Hey @TheCoolerGiorgos,

Thanks for the info 🙂

We'll go ahead and pass it on, however we don't know if a change will be possible soon.

It's a good idea to always keep your app up-to-date so you don't miss the latest improvements.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator

First of all, I'd like to thank you because the font issue on the ios app was fixed 4 days since my last reply here! However, for some strange reason only the ios app has the fixed font, which I personally really liked. Will we see that new font on other platforms such as PC, Android and consoles (also the website)?

Any response would be appreciated,

Giorgos

Suggested posts