Premium

Country

Russia

Device

Xiaomi Note 10

Operating System

(Android 10

My Question or Issue

Today i discovered that all green hearts from any of my mix# feeds are missing.

By the way there is no such problem on Spotify on my Ipad or one for my Windows computer. 

This mess already disappointing. I try many other services before switch to Spotify. Your recommends stuff is best but that phantasmagoria with dislike or like button show or dont show, liked signs show and then not show is very disappointing for such great service.

Please fix it for ever already! 

12 Replies

Hey there @artur-galanin,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly help you out.

It might be the case that some of the app's files have gotten corrupted ant that's why some of the buttons are missing.

We recommend that you perform a clean reinstall of the app, so that all it's files get compiled again from the ground up. You can find the necessary steps here.

If that doesn't do the trick, you can post a couple of screenshots of how the Mixes are displayed on your Xiaomi. You can use the Insert Photos option in the post editor to do this.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your progress.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello!

I did a clean reinstall but it didn't help. I attach 2 pictures. You can see that the first track in both mixes was played and paused and there is a Like sign on it. But the list does not display it. In fact, in both lists, all these songs are marked as liked, but there are no icons of green hearts.

This is damned inconvenient, because the first thing I do is look for new tracks in these mixes that i do not "liked" yet and try to listen to them, and your recommendations work perfectly. But without Like icons, it's just inconvenient nonsense!

So now I have to listen to music on my ipad or computer, which is really inconvenient in most cases.Screenshot_2020-08-11-12-11-05-566_com.spotify.music.jpgScreenshot_2020-08-11-12-12-07-120_com.spotify.music.jpg

Thanks for getting back to us.

This is expected behavior. If you'd like the heart icon to be visible in the Daily Mix's list view on mobile devices we'd recommend you take a look in our Idea Exchange and see if someone has already submitted an idea for this feature to be added  and if not post your own.

Keep in mind that the Daily Mix feature is based largely on content you've already liked. If you'd like to enjoy a list of tracks, you've not yet added to your library, you should check out the Discover Weekly playlist. You can find out more on how to find more great tunes in this Spotify Answer. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator

Mihail,

In your first response to my post, you give me the advice of a clean reinstall that should solve the problem. So, actually you confirm that this is the wrong behavior of the app. Clean install does not help, then you write that this is "expected behavior", which means that there was no such feature at all and suggest that I create an idea. Are you seriously?

Mihail, we are not talking about a new idea, but about BUG! I have been using your service since July 14 when it became available in Russia and all the time it worked normal on my xiaomi smartphone. There are always signs of green hearts in the list of songs of daily mix. As well as now they are present on my Ipad and on my Windows computer (pics below).

Mihail, this is a BUG. Not a new idea. And all I ask is to fix this bug.

Please stop these mistycal disappearing and appearing of parts of such great interface!

Ipad.jpg
windows computer.png

Thanks for your reply.

We're sorry for the confusion, in your first post we we're under the impression that the option to like a song via the heart button was altogether missing from the bottom banner. As visible in the screenshots from your second post though, the bottom banner that appears while playing your daily mix has all buttons available.

We can confirm to you that currently the heart-option is not available for smartphones next to all individual songs in the list itself, like it is on the app versions for tablets and desktop devices.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator

Mihail

the fact is that for more than two weeks since I started using your service, green hearts icons that mark which songs I already liked WERE on my smartphone in the daily Mix song lists!

Were and disappeared. I almost never used an Ipad or a computer to listen to music before because they don't fit in my pocket. But now I have to sew large pockets for my Ipad or carry a desktop computer with me as it not convenient on smartphone. 

My main method of listening, while your service does not know my tastes well yet, was that I opened a specific Daily Mix, chose those songs that have not yet been liked, which your service offered me to expand my preferences, and that is very nice to find new and new beautiful song and authors among them. And now it doesn't work and it's very bad

Mihail,

looks like you dont know your smartphone app functionality. 🙂

Since I'm sure the "green hearts" in the Daily Mix song list on my smartphone were I was forced to take my wife's Iphone 11 and install Spotify on it and log in.

Here are the "green hearts" on song list of Daily Mix in the attached photo.

So please don't talk about it as an new idea. This is a bug.

Please fix it.

iphone 11.jpg

Hello,

so my problem is not solved until now. What is next?

I have the same problem. All my heart icons next to songs in the playlists disappeared on the mobile. Please, fix it!

The same for me.

First, there were no hearts on the lists in premium version, only in the free one.

Then, a few months ago they appeared.

Now they are gone.

Please restore them, it's very useful feature and I don't understand why only not paying customers have access to it (at least on android)

Hello everyone,

we'd like to jump in again in this thread and confirm that it's expected behavior to not see the green heart toggle next to the individual tracks in playlists on Android devices.

Also, keep in mind that we always test improvements and new features, so you might see something your friends don't or vice versa.

If you'd like to see a specific feature make an appearance on Spotify, we again recommend submitting your idea in our Idea Exchange board, where other users can vote for it to be implemented.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

I fixed my issue with this close spotify on ur phone and then hold down on the app icon go to ur info and down to storage then clear ur cache and it fixed my issue and now it's working again had the same exact problem 

Suggested posts