Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

greyed out songs on phone

greyed out songs on phone

Hi! I am a premium member. 

I tried oploading 267 localfiles to my Spotify.

I added all the songs to a playlist on my computer. Then i tried syncing them to my mobile phone. On my mobile phone i can only download 166 songs. The rest of the songs are greyed out and can't be played for whatever reason.

Please help!

4 Replies

Hi @KayDcx

Thanks for getting in touch with our Community.

Just to check - what happens if you only try to sync the local files that appear as grayed out? Are you able to play them? 

In the meantime, could you let us know your device and Spotify version? We'll see what we can suggest.

They still remain greyed out...
I am using a Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge
and my Spotify is 8.4.3.479 armV7

This is an on-going issue, for years now.  I've been dealing with this for 5 years now....shame on me.  Some "experts" on the forum says this is due to licensing issues with the residing countries, but his is NOT TRUE.  If this were the case then the songs would not be available on ANY software players, but again this is not the case.  All of my songs that are greyed out on Spotify are available on other players, including iTunes and Google. 

So if these greyed out Spotify songs on available on other players, then the issue is unique and specific to Spotify.

Also, I've been able to select greyed out songs on Spotify, delete them and then reload.  Guess what, they are NO LONGER GREYED out and they play.   Then poof, in a week or so they are greyed out.

I've decided that Spotify's lack of owning their own support and leaving it up to the community to solve issues is not the business model I seek in a business partner.

I've been a Premium member since it was available.  I've decided I will no longer be, just as soon as I can export my playlists I will be "getting out of Dodge".  I'm ashamed it has taken this long.

Goodbye Spotify!!  You need to work on some very fundamental functionality and support issues. 

Just to add, I just confirmed; I deleted 10 greyed out songs from a playlist that could not be played. I searched and found them. Added them back and they are no longer greyed out and I can play them with no issues. I guarantee that all 10 songs will become greyed out again at some point in the future.

Suggested posts