Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how to listen to songs from several playlists?

how to listen to songs from several playlists?

Plan

Premium

Device

(Samsung tablet)

Operating System

(Android.)

My Question or Issue

Hi,

Could you please tell me:

1) how to listen to all songs that have been downloaded to the device ?

(it's very frustrating - tracks from playlists are not included in the "songs" folders - I can either listen to trakcs from albums or tracks from one playlist)

2) how to listen to songs from several playlists - it's possible on PC, but not on mobile... Is there a way to listen to songs from one or two playlists on a mobile or tablet?

3) as above, how to listen to all songs from a playlist folder on a mobile

4) how to include songs from playlist into the local "songs" folder

I would be very grateful for the answer - the lack of the functionalites listed above discourages me from using spotify - but I'm sure there's a way to listen to songs from entire library. Maybe I'm doing it the wrong way...

11 Replies

I have the same issue as (2). I cannot shuffle a playlist folder (a folder with many playlists) on my phone. I can only shuffle playlist by playlist? 

Hey @mikeseven and @maemae0515,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out.

Could we ask you to open a new thread for each of the points that you made in your post? That way we can answer them each individually, and other users will be able to get to the answers more easily. Thanks 🙂

Since the subject of the thread concerns your second point, we will answer this one here. First, could you explain to us in a bit more detail how it is that you're trying to listen to songs from multiple playlists? For example, do you want to listen to several specific playlists in order, or do you want to select a few playlists and shuffle between them?

Once we have this information, we will be able to point you in the rigth direction.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply 🙂

Hey @maemae0515

There's already an existing idea about this feature - just head here (@mikeseven - this concerns your 3rd point).

Hope that helps 🙂

Hi Peter, thanks for the reply.

Yes I would like to select multiple playlists (more than 10) and shuffle between them (e.g.  1 st song comes from the 5th playlist, the 2nd song from the 3rd playlist, 3rd from 8th playlist...)

Also, thanks for letting me know the existing answer. It seems it's more than a year ago and I would like to know if there's an update (especially for iPhone users).

Hey @maemae0515.

Thanks for clarifying that for us.

Currently, it is not possible to shuffle between playlists. You can create a new idea for this in the Ideas Exchange, or you can simply create a new playlist made up of the songs in the playlists you want to shuffle between, and then just click Shuffle.

A quick way of adding a lot of songs to a playlist is using Ctrl/Cmd + A when you've clicked in a playlist, and then either dragging and dropping or right-clicking and going to Add to Playlist.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

Truth is, the feature to shuffle a folders playlists used to exist on mobile, but they ditched it. God knows why!

Loosing this is so frustrating. Trying Apple Music with smart playlists features.

Had the idea of having an “all playlist” that automatically included all songs from a few other lists. But also not a feature.

All songs in one list, or use another service is the only way.

This only works on PC, but there is a way to shuffle through many playlists: using PC app create a new playlist folder via three dots in the up left (or use Ctrl+Shift+N).

In the newly created folder you can drag multiples playlists.

Playing that playlist folder with shuffle enabled will play tracks from all the playlists in the folder.

Same here. I've been waiting for all the listed features for 5 years. Especially playing multiple playlists and all downloaded songs. As for the last feature, I would expect another playlist, like Liked Songs.

There is already an idea, but it needs more votes. So please follow this link and vote for it: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Show-ALL-song-downloaded-for-Offline-use/id...

Four years later, and I still need to be able to shuffle between playlists, but in the order I choose, not just a random shuffle. Specifically, I want to play a song from list one, list two, list three, and list four, in that order. Is any progress being made? Is it even being worked on? 

Hey @carranco1,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

We really appreciate your feedback, we know you want to make the best out of your listening experience. At the moment this is not possible, but we understand you want to see this implemented on app.

However, other users had a similar idea and posted it here. Even though the status is set as Not right now as there are no immediate plans to implement this, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected. We’d suggest adding your vote and subscribing to the idea to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts