Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iTunes playlists there but songs won't play

iTunes playlists there but songs won't play

I installed Spotify Mac on my desktop last night and imported my playlists from iTunes. The playlists and contents show up on my LG V10 Sportify app but the songs won't play.

Does Spotify act like Google Music and upload the songs to their servers before they're available for mobile use? Or just the metadata to match? Because I am not able to play at least 90% of the tracks in my playlists from iTunes on my phone.

My Mac is not booted up right now so it won't be available if that's what Spotify needs to continue to access iTunes. I just assumed it was an  process of scanning the data and uploading and that would happen during the few hours I had the Mac up last night. I have a fairly large library but nothing too much. Google actually uploaded the songs themselves and that took a few days, but Apple Music just matched what I had so that was faster and that is what I was assuming Spotify did.

Sorry if this question has been addressed in earlier posts but I'm new here and I didn't find an answer through searching...

TIA.

Trace

0 Replies

Suggested posts