Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

incomplete songs

incomplete songs

I have been using Spotify for a while and of all the music I've listened to there's only one song that is incomplete. Try it for yourself, enter "Royksopp" (artist) into the spotify search, go down to the album "Senior" and choose the song "The Drug". The intro goes on for about 30 seconds, cuts off, and just goes onto the next song. I know its not the build cos it happened before I upgraded. Anybody experience the same thing/ know how to fix it/ know how to report it as a problem?   

9 Replies

im new to spotify and the first song i downloaded kept shutting off when i was trying to download i kept reclicking it to restart the download each time i restarted it it would play a little bit more of the song after several times of restarting(about ten times) it made it to the end of the song. the first 2 songs i did that with will play the entire song thru to the end and the other 4 i downloaded i didnt do that and i only got part of them it took several hours just to get that far. now 2 out of 6 downloaded will play thru the others still cut off during the song ,some will stop a minute then start a few lines past the cut off point till the end the others play the first part of it and stop as if it didnt record it all. THERE IS A MAJOR GLICH IN THE PROGRAM SOMEWHERE SO IF YOU WANT AN ENTIRE SONG TO DOWNLOAD GET READY FOR ALOT OF FRUSTRATION AND WASTED TIME TO GET ONE FULL SONG CUZ YOULL HAVE TO KEEP RESTARTING THE PLAY MODE (SEVERAL TIMES PER SONG)IF YOU WANT THE ENTIRE SONG TO BE RECORDED ON YOUR PLAYLIST. doesnt seem to matter if you star the song or not.

Another problem i noticed is pull up an artist with their entire list of songs and albums, if you dont see a song or album you know excists search again and itll tell you there are no matches... WHAT THE HELL IS THAT. i dont know if that will change with a paid subscription or not i was to pissed off to waste money if it isnt going to work and be user friendly...

Can anyone help with this??? 

@TheNewDanger wrote:

I have been using Spotify for a while and of all the music I've listened to there's only one song that is incomplete.  

See here for information on how to report issues with tracks: http://community.spotify.com/t5/General-Music-Chat/Reporting-Incorrect-Track-Info/td-p/25291

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

@chaseracecatch wrote:

Can anyone help with this??? 

Possibly. Could you post your issue more concisely with more specific details rather than as a big shouty wall of text which makes it hard to actually see any words past the second line?

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

inquiry number: 417629

Let's see what happens...

I came here looking for support on the exact same issue with the same song. The track titled "Coming Home" from that same album is also incomplete. Only 3 minutes when it should 5:05. I wish I could plus one your report.

I have the same issues running spotify premium in on Windows 7 (32 bit). The track will play for a certain amount of time then cut off and move to the next track.

The most recent track in question is "Follow" by the Crystal Fighters, it cuts into next track 2m16s in on a 3m17s long track

I have noticed this on several tracks over the last 6 months possibly. Certainly not every track - far from it but annoying when it happens.

I have come across a number of incomplete tracks in recent months:

Randy Meisner – One Less Fool – track 15 on ‘Love Me or Leave Me Alone’

Strawbs – Lay a Little Light on me/Hero’s theme/Round and Round  - track 9 on ‘Prognostic’ – I know that track is actually 8+ mins long, but listed at 2:45 (after which it cuts out abruptly)

Strawbs – Two tracks on ‘Deadlines album’ - The Last resort (track 5) and Time and Life (track 6) – both cut short (track 6 extremely short) – I have original LP of this & am familiar with both tracks in their entirity

John Payne - Killer on the loose – on 4 separate compilation albums - all cut out abruptly after 4:03 – but clearly the track is actually longer than this (1.  ‘A Tribute to Thin Lizzy’; 2. ‘Voices of Heavy Metal’; 3. ‘Metal on Metal’; and 4. ‘For Those about to Rock’ )

In fact, the lengths of the tracks on Spotify appear to reflect the lengths listed on iTunes and Amazon’s mp3 store (as well as on the similar Deezer streaming website) – which suggests that the error has a common origin. (Are the tracks imported onto Spotify via iTunes, for example? – or do the record companies provide the tracks to Spotify, Deezer, iTunes etc., so that any error is replicated on all those websites??)

What is really needed is to go back to the original CDs& get the tracks affected re-imported to Spotify from there.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You can report any content errors/issues such as these directly to the Spotify content team using the instructions outlined in this topic. Once you have submitted a query, the content team will investigate and then pass any needed details over to the record label to request a correction/change if needed (so it can take some time unfortunately!). 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Still not recified after 3 years!!!

Suggested posts