Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

interruption of my music for any reason

interruption of my music for any reason

For some reason my music stop. Somestimes it's after des hours or few minutes their is no clue to predict when it will crush.

8 Replies

Hey @tiofil472, welcome to the Spotify Community! 

To start, can you let us know what device, operating system, and version of Spotify you're using? Also, have you tried to reinstall the app? Just follow these steps

Let us know how it goes 🙂

My device is an Archos Diamond Gamma and the version officielle Spotify I'm
using is:
I'have already tried to installe it again but nothing has changed.

OK, thanks for letting us know.

It sounds like there's since been a new version of the app released. We'd encourage you to do another clean reinstall, fully, on the device at this point.

If it's still happening, it might also be worth letting us know some more specific details, like:

• If it happens on particular tracks (Local Files / Saved Music / tunes from the catalogue / offline music, etc.)
  • If it's dependant on where you listen in the app (On your own playlists / in a Radio mix, etc.)
  • Exactly how long it is from starting the app until it happens
  • If it happens over mobile data / WiFi / both
  • If it happens on any other devices with that account

We'd also recommend checking the device for any software updates, and checking the storage on the device.

We appreciate that there might be a lot to check and test here, but rest assured, all of this should resolve your issue.

Thanks!

Hey team I'm having the same issue. The music will randomly stop. I usually listen to my saved songs .

I am on a Galaxy S9+ with Android 8.0 and Samsung 9.0 with the latest Spotify update. It seems to have started with the latest update. (8.4.52.812 armV7)

Hey @Kcamara89.

Thanks for letting us know.

We know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, let's try a quick reinstall. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, it will mean re-downloading any offline tunes but we'd recommend heading to https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/ and clicking 'Remove All'.

Let us know how you get on 🙂
/M

Hello,
First I would like to thank you for your help.
Though, I have tried to erase and install the application as the tutorial
says step by step but this has still no effect on my problem.
About the last advice you gave me I need to know before if among those
devices I might remove there will be only my smartphone and any of the
others that share my account through the family programme.

I see this all the time over bluetooth (which is they only way I listen to Spotify on my Android device). It's the Sony XZ Premium, with Oreo, so spotify is now pre-installed (which I HATE!) - so I can't try the uninstall/reinstall thing. I've restarted the phone and the app version is the latest. Sometimes it happens twice in a row within seconds, sometimes not at all.

I also wanted to note that I disabled data usage for spotify in the background because it was killing my battery that usually lasts 2+ days

Suggested posts