Step 1

NEXT STEP

ipoblem with audio stopping after songs but still playing

ipoblem with audio stopping after songs but still playing

This is still haqening after 2 updates what is goin on at spotify
14 Replies

@hanrandr

Hello:

Can you please post your devices, and Spotify app versions this is happening with?

Sony xperiaT it started happening 3updates ago the current one is 4.9.0.992

@hanrandr

Have you tried doing a clean reinstall? Uninstall the app, reboot the device, and then reinstall the app from the Android App store. 

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/?in=search

Also what connection type does this happen with, WiFi or carrier connection, and do you know if you are getting consistent 4G connection if on a carrier when streaming?

Can you post what your Android OS version that is on the device currently as well?

Edited to add: Also are you on a premium or an ad supported account?

I am going to also move this thread post over to Help - Android: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/bd-p/spotifyandroid

I am a premium member its 4.9.0.992 I have had 3updates inc the new one and it still has the prob I have done the reinstallation and it still has the problem of no audio but still playing it happens when the song goes to the nxt one the songs are downloaded on my playlists its not a wi-fi prob its when the nxt song goes into the next but not after every song usually 2or3then it happens

I have samsung core, android 4.1, premium, and I have the same problem as all users. its not a model problem or a version of android problem and is no a stream online or ofline problem, i check everything its a bug.

@hanrandr

Trying to get a clarification here, this song skipping happens with content on playlists when they are offlined correct, playing content without using any WiFi or phone carrier signal? 

Also I need your current Android OS version number, not the Spotify app version number, as you have already provide it in a previous post. This information is for when I escalate this thread for your issue, and the Spotify mods have all the necessary information from the get go.

@JuanFrancisco

Hello:

You have a Samsung phone with Android OS 4.1 correct, what is your current Spotify App version that you have currently?

XperiaT 4.1.2

XperiaT 4.1.2 yes it happens when playing downloaded songs from playlists or when in the car so wi-fi isnt involved I am premium member

@hanrandr

Thank you for the information, I have went ahead and escalated your issue to the Spotify Mods, so we should hear something soon about what to do next.

@hanrandr

Hey there! Got some information back, the Spotify devs are currently looking into this. A Spotify mod suggested maybe trying to enable the Crossfade fearture, and see if there is a difference here in playback mode with the song skipping in offline mode.

Hi there, this issue has been reported and is fixed in the beta. Hopefully a release to the stable channel is imminent.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

This is great news. 🙂 So it will be pushed through the phones update system when it's ready for mass deployment ?

@Metamora wrote:

This is great news. 🙂 So it will be pushed through the phones update system when it's ready for mass deployment ?

It will be deployed via the Google Play Store and will update automatically (if enabled in the Play Store Settings).

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts