Family

Country

Device

Samsung  Galaxy F20 SE

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have two issues with playlist management on my phone :

- when I listen to a song from a playlist, this playlist is no longer highlighted in green. It used to be the case, and it disappeared two weeks ago

- when I browse and find an album and want to create a new playlist from this album the system used to pre-fill the name of the artist and the album and it's not the case any longer

thanks for your help

7 Replies

Hey there @3758935,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

We suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

After you performed the clean reinstall we you can download your playlists again and hopefully everything works as it should.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jérémy,

thanks for your help ; unfortunately, even after a clean reinstall the issues still remain.

These are not major problems for sure but it's always a bit frustrating to see an app working not just as well as it used to be.

Any other idea ?

Hey again @3758935,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you provide us a screen recording? This will help us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

thanks,

the app version is 8.6.8.1094 (just reinstalled the app).

I have taken two screenshots for the two issues ; in the first screenshot as you can see a song from the avalanches playlist is playing and the playlist is not highlghted in green.

The second screenshot is what I see when I search for an album > select add to playlist > create playlist. when it was working fine spotify was pre filling the playlisty name with the name of the band and the name of the album

Screenshot 2.jpg
screenshot 1.jpg

Hey again @3758935,

Thank you for your reply and for the screenshots.

We're sorry for the confusion. This is expected behavior. 

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

We hope this information was helpful. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator

thanks for your answer, you mean these two useful features were removed on purpose ?

I don't really get how it can improve the experience for anyone not to highlight the playlist currently played. I also struggle to see what can be wrong to pre fill a playlist with the album name when the playlist has been created from the album. 99% of the time the playlist would have been created to mimick the album. For this specific case if you wonder why I prefer to create playlists from albums rather than adding albums to my account it's because spotify is great to organise playlists, but you can't organise albums.

Also I have also checked with an ipad and it seems the autofilling feature works on ios

I hope these features will come back at some point for android

Hey again @3758935,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We want to point out that we do appreciate the feedback your providing. When it comes to how your feedback reaches Spotify through, for example Ideas, you can read more here

We hope that you have a continued great weekend.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts