Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

issues with S10 while on 4G (no playback, search etc)

issues with S10 while on 4G (no playback, search etc)

Plan

Free

Country

Greece

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10e

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I just started using spotify the last few days to check if its worth the premium. While i am on 4G songs very often dont play, and i have no results in search area (keeps loading and says something went wrong. no greyed songs or message for connection, just what i described). While these issues occur i have no problem with any other apps that use data and my signal is strong.  Tried reinstalling, clearing devices's cache and i still experience the same problems. With wifi everything ok.

A very annoying workaround i found is that i tap off and on the data button it immediately works, but i am sure its not the phones problem since everything works ok. Thank you in advance..

14 Replies

Hey @manolis13,

We'll be glad to help you enjoy your Premium on 4G without issues. 

You've already taken a lot of steps, we appreciate your proactivity. Please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all the devices linked to your Spotify account here
2. Reinstall (We know you already did it but in this case it's necessary)
3. Restart device

Let us know how it works out 🙂

Have a great day!

hello Daisy. Just did as you proposed, i ll check it throughout the day and get back to you.. Hope this works..

Unfortunately the problems persist... Randomly the playback stops, search does not load and wont start again if i dont reload the app or tao off and on the data buttn.hugely dissapointed since i was planning to use the app but no choice left i suppose. I ll try a service center to rule out any phone problem but it has to be the app's thing.

Hey @manolis13,

Thanks for your reply. Let's look further into this 🙂

Do you have your data enabled for Spotify? Does this happen on any other device? What happens when you log into your Android with another account - same issues? 

Have a great day!

Data are enabled for Spotify, when i first load the app it works and at some point it starts doing these issues.. Also checked backround activity and battery saver options (all ticked in spotify's favor). I dont use another device so i cant answer the second question, i also dont have another account to log in to.. 

Hey @manolis13 

Thanks for your reply.

Since it works fine with WiFi, we suggest getting in touch with your network operator and see if there are any data restrictions on Spotify specifically (since you also mention it works fine with other apps) 🙂

Feel free to let us know how that goes!

Have a great day.

Update: Tried service center, my carrier AND a factory reset. Nothing helped. It must be the apps problem and how it works with my phone.. Too bad..

4 days since my last update and no answer. Wow.. 

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem. On 4g spotify randomly stops playback/search etc and I have to tap the mobile data button to restart it and everything works again. Note that it doesn't report itself as not having access to the internet. Also every other internet app has normal access.

I have also tried all the solution listed here with no success.

I am also on a Samsung Galaxy s10e. Also in Greece with Vodafone as my provider.

I have a paid subscription plan.

Did you have any luck fixinig this issuue?

@manolis13 wrote:

Plan

Free

Country

Greece

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10e

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I just started using spotify the last few days to check if its worth the premium. While i am on 4G songs very often dont play, and i have no results in search area (keeps loading and says something went wrong. no greyed songs or message for connection, just what i described). While these issues occur i have no problem with any other apps that use data and my signal is strong.  Tried reinstalling, clearing devices's cache and i still experience the same problems. With wifi everything ok.

A very annoying workaround i found is that i tap off and on the data button it immediately works, but i am sure its not the phones problem since everything works ok. Thank you in advance..

No unfortunately. I just stopped bothering. It is clearly the apps issue, all you can do is update it and hope it gets fixed somehow. In your case with a premium programm maybe download whatever you like and listen to it offline when you re not away from home.. If you find any other solution please share.

Tried the following and problem resolved. Hope it helps 🙂

1. Open Settings.
  2. Search and select Optimize battery usage.
  3. Tap the drop-down menu in the upper-left corner, then change the option from Apps not optimized to All.
  4. Scroll down to Spotify, then disable battery optimization by swiping the toggle to Off.
  5. Restart your handset.

That is the first thing I did, and unfortunately the problem is still there... 😞

Already done that although the directions arent accurate for samsung s10e. Every battery option available is off. Same goes foe data saving. Still the same, i check every week. No way i ll pay for premium until it is resolved. Thanks for your try though!

Even I faced this issue for the past few days.Tried contacting Spotify support but they couldn't give a solution. after hours of trial and error I found out that it is carrier issue . Keep you Spotify App opened . Now The solution is to turn your 4G VoLTE off ( voice over LTE) In your mobile cellular settings. I dunno where is this setting in Android but it should definitely be there. On iPhone go to settings --> mobile data -->mobile data options -->voice&data --> select 4G,VoLTE Off. Now open Spotify.This is a workaround solution for now.

Suggested posts