Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

kindle fire hdx only plays one track

kindle fire hdx only plays one track

On the new kindle fire hdx when I try to play a playlist it will only play one song then stops. I have to manually skip to the next track every time. I've tried clearing the data and the cache and reinstalling. I've changed every setting I can find. Nothing helps!

13 Replies

Same for me. Plus, the current app is quite an old version that's missing many features from the iOS or Desktop apps.

Spotify team, please help.

I heard a rumour that they might be working on an updated kindle app soon. In the meantime, the only solution would be to reflash with a standard android rom.

The team are working on getting the Kindle Fire app updated:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Kindle-Fire-HD-No-Browsing-Curated-Playlists-Discover/...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I found today that increasing cross fade from 0 to 1 second circumvented the problem. Also added gapless playback which might have contributed to solving the issue. Whether it was one or both its working fine now!

Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

How do I perform these fixes on my Kindle Fire HDX so I can play a Spotify playlist???? Where?  

I found today that increasing cross fade from 0 to 1 second circumvented the problem. Also added gapless playback which might have contributed to solving the issue. Whether it was one or both its working fine now!

I'm also having this problem. Even after the upgrade from today.

AS somebody suggested, by adding cross face it works ok.

This worked.  Thanks for the input.  

I cannot get even Shuffle to work on my HDX. I tried turning on the gapless option plus changing crossfade from zero to one second. It worked the first time, but not since. Now, even when I click on Shuffle I get one song, then it stops. Very frustrating.

I don't care if I can play a Playlist top to bottom, Shuffle will be fine with me, but I can't even get it to work.

Anyone have any other solutions?

Thanks.

Update on above. One time Shuffle works, the next time and the time after that, etc it doesn't, just stops after whatever song it selected. I did notice tht even though I moved the Crossfire line from 0 to 1 second that it still reads Off. I have tapped everything in sight there but I cannot get any kind of Off/On option. It stays on Off. No problems at all on either my IMac G5 or Acer C720 chromebook. Only on the HDX.

The crossfade change to 1 sec worked perfect.  Thank you for Posting!! Having gapless playback was on.  Thank you

I have crossfade set to 1 second and have tried it both with gapless play on and off. Doesn't work either way. Still stops after playing one song. Occasionally, maybe once every dozen tries, the Shuffle does work and it moves to the next song. No change in setting. It just, for whatever reason works randomly and rarely. I guess I am just stuck with having to punch in every song individually. Very frustrating.

I tried the crossfade trick and it worked, thanks for ending my frustration.

Suggested posts