Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

latest android app not saving albums and whole host of other problems

latest android app not saving albums and whole host of other problems

The latest android app is a broken piece of #&@% Every time I find a band I like I follow them and then save each album to my music only to find spotify decides to unfollow some bands and even some it remembers to save I will go to their page to be greeted by the kind message reminding me I haven't saved any of their albums to my music and suggesting I do just that. Guess what? Every time I save all the albums and leave the page it forgets them all again. Now remembering every artist I follow I save all their albums, if I browse through my followed artist list at least half say "0 songs". That's if my artist list even loads often it will show artists from A - D and the rest will be blank. Even teying to save some of the albums it will decide not to bring up a menu after hitting the 3 dots next to an album. Add to this songs will often play silent with the timer running and I have to skip to another track for it to work. That's if it decides to even play, often I will get a blank loading screen if I decide to maybe go crazy and actually try and listen to some music with my paid app. Reinstall? Check. Clear data? Check. Clear cache? Check. Factory reset whole phone? Sad but true check. Is anyone else banging their head against the wall with this app or is it just me?
14 Replies

Screenshot_2014-07-25-18-56-32.png

Screenshot_2014-07-25-19-01-04.png

And the general look of spotify 90% of the time

Screenshot_2014-07-25-19-03-37.png

Very strange... App works for me. I'm on a Samsung galaxy s2, custom rom android 4.3.1 (just changed a few days ago so phone is "new").
I connect through wifi, how do you connect?
☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

Connect via mobile data HSPA+ on T-Mobile UK

Another strange thing is after I reboot the phone for a few moments all my saved artists show a number of saved songs then revert back to showing "0 songs".

Might be a sync issue... My phone has slow upload and I've gotten similar behavior in the past when on mobile data. Always use wifi now for that reason. Do you have the possibility of testing this through wifi, just to either confirm or rule it out?
☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

Will try on WiFi tomorrow when I can will delete some artists and try refollowing and saving - hope that isn't the solution though as i don't have WiFi at home

Latest joy - queuing albums doesn't work it just plays the current album on endless repeat.

And if i play a song by a different artist it goes back to the start of that first queued album after each track. So glad I just tried the queue feature for the first time ....

OK this is rediculous - after my post for some reason I decided to use the "queue" feature for the first time and queued up Snapcase - Progresssion Through Unlearning. Album played through then started to play again - no problem I thought and listened to a few more tracks before picking a new song from a different band which played before going back to the snapcase album again....thought I would skip through the tracks to try and clear the playlist but not joy the album just plays on constant repeat. I can browse to a new artist and play a song and then guess what, it goes back to playing the snapcase album. On. Endless. Repeat.

If I go to play queue spotify has added the album tracks literally thousands of times and try as I might I can't find a "delete queue" option?

OK trying to save albums over Wi-Fi makes no difference - picked supertramp at random and it let me save the first two albums then if I try and save anymore it says "saved to your music" but doesn't save. Have tried over and over and this is after reinstalling android again over the weekend. So its not a WiFi issue - any ideas? Oh and I tried to take a screenshot and this is the state of my library now :

Screenshot_2014-07-29-14-17-08.png

How many tracks are saved in your music? It does have a max of 10,000 tracks.

Also, is it possible to get a screenshot of your play queue for the repeat issue?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts