Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

music from sd card

Solved!

music from sd card

Is it possible to transfer music already on my phone to my spotify premium to save me downloading them all again
Am using Sony z1
Any help would be much appreciated stopped using spotify for this reason but have got free so want to use again

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, Spotify can't access any files (as mp3's) stored elsewhere on your device. You can however sync local music into Spotify on your mobile using the desktop app:
https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/Sync-your-device-with-Spotify

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

The only way is to transfer the songs to your PC and then make a playlist on Spotify, download it and you are done

View solution in original post

6 Replies

If you're using Spotify free then you cannot use Offline playlists. I'm a little confused as to what you are asking, please can you clarify?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

As stated am using premium
Have music already on my phone that am listening to via Walkman but now want to use spotify as have got free subscription to premium with my mobile tariff
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, Spotify can't access any files (as mp3's) stored elsewhere on your device. You can however sync local music into Spotify on your mobile using the desktop app:
https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/Sync-your-device-with-Spotify

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

The only way is to transfer the songs to your PC and then make a playlist on Spotify, download it and you are done

Thanks for the help have now done this and finally got my music lol

Suggested posts