Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

my mobile wont sync offline playlists with my phone now that the app has changed. HELP

my mobile wont sync offline playlists with my phone now that the app has changed. HELP

IT SAYS DOWNLOAD PLAYLISTON MY ANDROID ABOVE THE PLAYLIST.. WILL THIS COST MONEY? LIKE FROM MY ACCOUNT RATHER THAN MY WIFI?

ON THE OLD APP MY PHONE USED TO AUTOMATICLY SYNC WITH MY LAPTOP EACH DAY.. NOW IT DOSENT THIS SUCKS MEGA, AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO..

ANYONE HELP??

MATTY

3 Replies

Hey Matty! Download playlist is a different way of saying "Available Offline". If you're connected to Wi-Fi on your phone, it will make those tracks available offline. No additional payment needed (beyond any potential ones you might receive if you were using your data allowance on 3G, or if you have a limit to your Wi-Fi).

You'd only need to connect to your computer if you needed to sync any local files to you phone. Do you need to do this at all? 

Airhorn Enthusiast

I have a similiar issue.  I am using spotify free.  Accoding to this FAQ which states:

Can I use Spotify mobile without having a Premium subscription?

If you have an iPhone or Android mobile, you can use Spotify to transfer your local files from your computer to your phone and listen to Spotify application on your mobile.

However, I can get this to work.  I have local files on my desktop app, I added them to a playlist, but when I right click on the playlist to make it available offline I get a message saying I need a Premium subscription.  What I am missing to sync my local files only to my phone?

Create a playlist for example Local tracks, drag and drop the songs from your local files folder to the local tracks playlist. Go to Devices, check that your device shows "connected" ( should appear below the devices text, mine show GT-N7000 ), then select the manually choose playlists to sync
and then select the local tracks playlist. It should start syncin and when syncin is done files should be able to play from mobile.

https://www.spotify.com/uk/get-spotify/overview/ shows the over view of different features available.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Suggested posts