Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

new phone cant sync existing playlists

new phone cant sync existing playlists

Just got a new phone and can't sync existing playlists from my spotify account. It says I already have 2 devices synced which is my laptop and old phone. How can I make it where my new phone can sync?
5 Replies

You should be able to sync up to three devices, but you can check which ones are synced from this page in your account, and you can deactivate anything you don't want to count, like your old phone.

If that doesn't work, you might make sure your phone has plenty of space available, and you can lower the quality setting from the settings section of the Spotify app so it doesn't use as much space.

Also, what kind of phone are you using, e.g., iPhone, Android, Windows?

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks I will try deactivating old phone. I use android.

Okay, great, I'm going to move this into the Android section to make it easier for other users with similar problems to find, and I'll PM you the link too. Let us know whether or not deactivating the other phone helps. Thanks!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, I've removed the devices from my account, but the message "You already have 3 devices synced up, therefore this device will be removed" keeps popping up and desyncs my playlists.  This gets very frustrating since I am a premium user, but am not being able to enjoy the features of offline mode when driving and what not.  What is the issue?

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts