Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[nexus 5 - lollipop] music controls on lock screen missing

Solved!

[nexus 5 - lollipop] music controls on lock screen missing

ive updated my nexus 5 with lollipop OTA and spotify doesnt show the music control on lock screen while playing.

The only way to control is to turn lock screen notifications on and control it with the notification, which is kinda of messy to do it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Here's how to fix it on the Nexus 5 running lollipop:

- First kill the Spotify app

- Then go to: Settings > Sound & Notifications > App Notifications > Spotify > Slide all the toggles to the left (aka uncheck) Block & Sensitive

- Relaunch the app and it should start showing in the notification window and lock screen

View solution in original post

12 Replies

You're the second I've seen. Would you mind adding your detail to the thread below as requested by @Grace
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Song-displayed-when-phone-locked-lags-behind-what-s-act...

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

seems a different bug on the thread you linked.. but that unsync happens to me sometimes, sometimes my device show one song ahead from the playlist its showing on computer.

my problem is the controls now showing while playing a song

heres a screen of my lock screen... you can see that the background has changed to the album cover, but it did not shows the music controls controls

Screenshot_2014-11-14-20-45-12.png

Hi,

I experience the exact same error. The Lollipop lock screen doesn't show the Spotify play controls.

I have the lock screen set to show notifications but hide sensitive content (is a new option in Lollipop). So I see on the lock screen Spotify with underneath "Contents hidden". I don't consider Spotify to have sensitive content but moreover, there are no play controls, even if I change the lock screen settings. 

Same problem as above, no music controls with screen security turned on. I get a 'widget' with no security but nothing as nice as the old full screen controls.

See full instructions here: http://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/keep-your-sensitive-info-off-the-lock-screen-in-android-1660573644/+er...

Bascially, first you need to change your Sound & Notification setting to show ALL content on notificaitons instead of 'Hide sensitive notification content'.

Then you can specify which applications contain sensitive data and by default everything else will be displayed on the lock screen.

By default Spotify (along with all your other apps) will not be considered sensitive. You should set your sms app and gmail etc to be sensitive in the Sound & Notiications/App Notifications menu.

Its a bit time consuming but I guess you can turn on the sensitive switch on particular apps as you notice something displaying thats sensitive over time.

Hope that helps,

Saz

My album cover is stuck on my lock screen,even after exciting the app and logging off. Is there a way of getting this off?

This does indeed work however I really hope controls similar to the ones in KitKat get implemented as it is very easy to accidentally dismiss the spotify controls like you can with other "notifications" (which also stops any music that is playing). Also, it just doesn't look good. I liked the way they were built into the lock screen in KitKat and these new notification controls look crap tbh.

I am not sure whether this was Spotify's fault or google's because of the new lockscreen, but whosever responsibility it is, I sincerely hope it is changed because the majority of lollipop is great (I am aware of the app problems people have been experiencing but these don't affect me) but this genuinely sucks.

I'm afraid its Google not supporting backward compatiblity for the lock screen widgets. There may be something Spotify can do to mark their app as non-sensitive by default but I'm not 100% sure. I think this solution works pretty well for me. All the features I had before they are just moved 😉

Exact same problem on the lock screen, it will show the album art even if the app is closed.  So annoying...

Marked as solution

Here's how to fix it on the Nexus 5 running lollipop:

- First kill the Spotify app

- Then go to: Settings > Sound & Notifications > App Notifications > Spotify > Slide all the toggles to the left (aka uncheck) Block & Sensitive

- Relaunch the app and it should start showing in the notification window and lock screen

I got mine to work by changing your Sound & Notification setting to show 'Hide sensitive notification content' instead "Don't show notifications at all"

if you are experiencing these symptoms:

-music keeps playing after headphones or bluetooth are disconnected

-lock screen controls are gone while notifications are enabled

-have problems with external controls not functioning or launching while spotify is     running(smartwatches and the like. mine would show album art but the controls and library features did nothing)

disable or uninstall battery-saver applications. Battery managers can interfere with programs like spotify running in the background. I would recommend uninstalling any battery managing programs or adding an exception so that they allow spotify to do its thing.

ALSO android nougat dose feature causes the same problems, but it is easy to add exception for spotify.

Suggested posts