Premium

Country

Russia

Device

Honor 8

Operating System

Android 7

My Question or Issue

Why in my "Release radar" playlist there are tracks of performers that I do not follow? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @NotFunnyMan

Release Radar does not rely only on your followed artists to populate the playlist. It also takes into account what you listen to and it can add suggestions based on your listening profile.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @NotFunnyMan

Release Radar does not rely only on your followed artists to populate the playlist. It also takes into account what you listen to and it can add suggestions based on your listening profile.

Hope this helps.

The matter is that not all releases of performers, which I follow, are added to this playlist. Sometimes I just can not find them there. How do I receive notifications of new releases from the artists I follow (email)? Push-notification does not work the same already?

Push notifications were phased out a few years ago.  I still receive them sometimes but only for a stray album here and there. I feel your pain but unfortunately Release Radar is somehow limited and not configurable at all. 

You can check the "new releases for you" section under Browse->Discover tab. I find it somehow more complete then Release Radar but still I am not sure it shows all releases from everyone you follow.

As it seems to me, the basic idea of a subscription to an artist is to follow his work. I want to receive notifications about the release of a new album, track or anything else. So why not implement additional functionality for this or make the "Release Radad" configurable?  The email notification informs about the release of albums, I just did not use it once?

Suggested posts