Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Honor 9 Lite

Operating System

Android 9, EMUI 9.1.0

My Question or Issue

Many songs are not playing. The current time in the song in the lower left corner stops at 0:00, the song does not skip. There are no error messages. The songs where this happens are random, whether downloaded, not downloaded or even never heard before. Some songs now all of a sudden work again, but others don't. I have logged out and logged in again, re-downloaded all offline songs and reinstalled Spotify (deleting all data). In addition, some playlists in playlist folders are no longer displayed. The folder says 21 playlists, but there are only 13.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Ratzruebe14,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Ratzruebe14,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

I followed the instrutions to do a clean install.
I think deleting the com.spotify.music folder fixed the problem.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Hi again @Ratzruebe14,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should 🙂

Let us know if anything else comes up.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts