Step 1

NEXT STEP

offline search not working

offline search not working

Device

LG G6

Operating System

Android 8.0

After going offline, searching an artist and selecting the first song, the next song won't get played. 

6 Replies

Sorry to hear about your issues! Do you by any chance have a premium subscription? If you do, you should be able to download and listen to the songs you like when you're offline.

When you play an artist's songs, if you don't have all the songs downloaded, it can stop playing since it's not loaded onto your device.

Otherwise, I recommend looking into a premium subscription, in my opinion, Spotify is well worth it 🙂

That's not the problem. I have Spotify Premium and I have downloaded all songs in my playlist.

If you search in offline mode, you only see tracks which you have downloaded. After playing the first selecting song, the music stops playing. I don't know how to explain it any further.

I'll try to explain with my example.

I searched for 'lil peep' in offline mode, which shows me some tracks of the artist 'lil peep' (or songs, albums... that contains 'lil peep') After playing the first song (Not The One feat. Lil Peep) the next Song (16 Lines) won't get played (Nothing gets played). I hope you get my problem

Screenshot_2019-09-25-08-06-41.png

I don't think that this is intended...

HELP

Sorry man, that's rough... In this case, I think that maybe the cache of your devices might be duplicated and this could be causing the issue. Not 100% sure if this would apply to you since this was mostly something that worked for people who had offline songs stopping in the middle, but your situation sounds pretty similar.

To fix this up, you first have to remove your offline devices here. Then, reinstall the app following these steps

This has worked to fix similar issues, so it should be worth a shot, but since it is a lot of effort you might want to wait to see if someone else can verify this idea. You'll need to redownload all your offline music and remove the offline device before you reinstall the app.

If you do decide to give this a try, let me know how it goes!!

Thanks for your help but it's still the same problem...

Suggested posts